SAU Community

Headlight Problems

4 door love

hey

just bought myself a 32gts. the problem im having is that my highbeams are stuck on when i turn the lights on. i have no low beams. i cant use the indicator stick to turn them off. at the moment i have to use my parkers and fog lights as my low beams. i tried to test the relay in the engine bay fusebox and only 5 of the 6 connectors (dont know the technical term) had power going to them.

any help would be much appreciated

In R32s there is a little relay box ( Thats what I think its called ) somewhere in the steering column area.this is connected to the headlight switch itself. Quite often the contacts start bending from years of use ...I would be looking at this first..Go to an auto electrician, they will fix that problem quite easily

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm also having headlight problems, 1 on and 1 off etc.. Could someone describe in more depth where this relay box in the steering wheel can be found or even post a picture as I have been hunting for weeks on what could be causing me all the headaches :unsure:

If anyone has a pic it'd be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Adrian

Hi All,

I'm also having headlight problems, 1 on and 1 off etc.. Could someone describe in more depth where this relay box in the steering wheel can be found or even post a picture as I have been hunting for weeks on what could be causing me all the headaches :(

Cheers,

Adrian

is your issue the same as the initial post?

if not, describe it in more detail.

Hi All,

I'm also having headlight problems, 1 on and 1 off etc.. Could someone describe in more depth where this relay box in the steering wheel can be found or even post a picture as I have been hunting for weeks on what could be causing me all the headaches :D

Cheers,

Adrian

1-on-1-off is usually the switch. Been covered a squillion times.

1-on-1-off is usually the switch. Been covered a squillion times.

Yep, I would have initially jumped to this conclusion also but when I imported the car 2-3 years ago I changed out the headlight switch then for a new one from Nissan. Cost me an arm and leg at the time for this pissy little switch ($300+ from memory).

Fixed the problem at the time but has now come back to haunt me.. :P