SAU Community

Yep........................................................but only lasted 200km :)

post-1811-1210929842_thumb.jpg

Noticed a slight oil leak that was traced to a leak through the block. Engine is now stripped again and getting rebuilt into a new block.

Those 200km produced a grin from ear to ear, every time i drove it.

Run-in tune dyno graphs and comparisons:

post-1811-1210930152_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1210930180_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1210930193_thumb.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

steve, did ya get the mani custom built for the engine/turbo/car?

when i got kyle to make mine, he allowed enough room for a 45r and a 5" dump pipe :)

bits001tp3.th.jpg

good luck on the cf bonnet thing, just make sure you trial fit it to ur car before you buy it!

Yep........................................................but only lasted 200km :geek:

post-1811-1210929842_thumb.jpg

Noticed a slight oil leak that was traced to a leak through the block. Engine is now stripped again and getting rebuilt into a new block.

Those 200km produced a grin from ear to ear, every time i drove it.

Run-in tune dyno graphs and comparisons:

Oh bugger! Ill be down your way for the deca masters, and then the normal deca 2 months later - will you be set for one of them? (if not both)

steve, did ya get the mani custom built for the engine/turbo/car?

when i got kyle to make mine, he allowed enough room for a 45r and a 5" dump pipe :teehee:

bits001tp3.th.jpg

good luck on the cf bonnet thing, just make sure you trial fit it to ur car before you buy it!

Nah didnt, its cheap chinese sh!t - ill get a decent one for it soon enough from him, just dying to drive it again (its been like 3 years or so, yeah im actually waking up thinking about it in the middle of the night). Once its run in ill get a new manifold for it, aswel as some other bolt on parts :P

post-50030-1211269880_thumb.jpg

+1

Is it RWD?

it is four wheel drive 4 door , i dont concider it to be awd as i have an in dash switch that caters to the requirements of a drifter.

post-50030-1211269900_thumb.jpg

Edited by nizmonut

Washers under the bonnet are your friend... :happy:

Actually, on this topic, I want to lower my RB25/30 that resides in my R33 GTS-t...

What engine mounts can I go out and buy, that will directly bolt in, and lower the motor down?

Thanks All!

Appreciate your encouragement.

Oh bugger! Ill be down your way for the deca masters, and then the normal deca 2 months later - will you be set for one of them? (if not both)
Hopefully car will be back on the road in the next two weeks, then i have to run it in (2 weeks), get it retuned, then install other suspension components and get it set-up for track/motorkahna. This should all be done within 2 months, so yes the car will be ready, barring any unforeseen problems/issues. At this stage i have no intension to enter DECA Masters; new engine set-up, new suspension set-up, and brakes, i will not have enough time to play around with it and get use to the new set-up. If entries are low for the Masters, i will enter but will not be "competing" to win. Either way, i will be up there to help/volunteer.

I will be at the 2nd DECA.

al, off topic but your engine bay and attention to detail are second to none! well done mate :teehee:

Thanks mate. Means alot, especially coming from a person who is just as fanatical/fussy as i am ;)

• 1 month later...

Ive gone with the factory plenum changed to front facing, and am using a high mount gt35/40 replica turbo. Will i still fit the strut brace overtop or will i have to end up taking to the bonnet with my angle grinder? Id like to keep it all looking subtle so no-one will suspect a thing but if i dont have a choice il get cutting.

Ive gone with the factory plenum changed to front facing, and am using a high mount gt35/40 replica turbo. Will i still fit the strut brace overtop or will i have to end up taking to the bonnet with my angle grinder? Id like to keep it all looking subtle so no-one will suspect a thing but if i dont have a choice il get cutting.

Mate i highly doubt the strut will fit over the plenum my strut dosent even fit over my turbo!

What the hell is a GT35/40 replica turbo? :P

Is it one of those eBay special China turbos that hand grenade after 5 dyno passes?

well today didnt actually drive the car much....paulo @ keep were trying to map the power FC for RB30...with 0piston's FC-Dataloggger, had some computer problems at the end so we decided to stop there and fix the computer...

while Gerard @ keep were doing the hood...cutting out the CF so the hood would fit.

here are the pictures

spent the whole day doing this...but still didn't fit

R0011812.jpg

so we gave up and cut the whole thing out instead

R0011816.jpg

R0011832.jpg

R0011819.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im a bit worried that the cam gears and cam covers are going to an issue for me. the turbo is fair big as well.

Is there a bonnet like the one above that is a raised flat instead of having the fake vent's?

(why is there a naked guy next to you in the reflection on the CF?)

Edited by =premo=

(why is there a naked guy next to you in the reflection on the CF?)

lol!

You can get non-vented fibreglass bonnets, I'm considering one of those and getting someone to glass in an xr8 style bulge.