SAU Community

This is where that rumour of mine came from Bubba :P

hehe, grab the engine mounts from a LD28 powered laurelor R31 skyline station wagon, because of the deck hieght on the block the engine mounts are shorter

it was an old retired mechanic who told me what engine mounts to try. i would have never have known other wise and probably would have had to get a custom bonnet made.

Found said rumour/post again...

Try those ones?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

this info is probably useless to 99.99% of people but rb26/30 in a stagea and the bonnet closes with ease, without any mods at all, motor on the standard mounts and not lowered at all. Going by my measurements with some bluetack (lol) i got atleast 10mm clearance at the closest points (timing cover area).

just thought i would add this in the topic incase someone asked in future :laugh:

Edited by unique1

this info is probably useless to 99.99% of people but rb26/30 in a stagea and the bonnet closes with ease, without any mods at all, motor on the standard mounts and not lowered at all. Going by my measurements with some bluetack (lol) i got atleast 10mm clearance at the closest points (timing cover area).

just thought i would add this in the topic incase someone asked in future :wub:

Well then you suck! :laugh:

further to that....an 25/30 also fits just fine in a stagea :(

That's one of my plans if the car gets defected.

Buy a Stagea, do an engine swap, clear the defect on the 33 and sell it.

Or

Slip the rb30det into a 240Z :(

I soo shouldn't have sold my 240z, there worth heaps now.

But I'm fair sure you would have even more trouble getting the bonnet to close in a zed. Also the torque might fk the 2/3rd's chassie so you'd want a killa cage or a 260z two seater.

You really don't want to put spacers under the subframe - that will raise the roll centre which won't help handling.

BTW rb25/30 in a 240z is a real bad idea. I've seen one in a 200zr and it is a terrible fit - heaps of mods required

Motor is out, again, so this is a problem i have to look forward to again pretty soon.

Short of new engine mounts, im going back to twin turbo, so the rear clearance wont be a drama. At the front the last resort is cutting the frame

Motor is out, again, so this is a problem i have to look forward to again pretty soon.

Short of new engine mounts, im going back to twin turbo, so the rear clearance wont be a drama. At the front the last resort is cutting the frame

hey me 2 !!

what's wrong with your RB30 this time ?

i blew the oil pump and bend the rods

BTW rb25/30 in a 240z is a real bad idea. I've seen one in a 200zr and it is a terrible fit - heaps of mods required

You know how to shatter a man's dream :O

If an rb26 can be fitted into a 240, what makes the rb30det so difficult?

I had already factored in a very decent roll cage, brakes and suspension set-up.

WHAT NOW!?

Have you picked up that car from Bendigo? How did the other one go, the one you wanted to look at on the way back home?

Dude thats why it wasnt at DECA, it let go at Wakefield a short time ago

All good on the way back, problem i face now; where to keep two more cars

What was the aftermath from DECA for your r33?