SAU Community

Need To Borrow Catback Exhaust

R.3.2.G.T.R

guys i need to borrow a catback zorst for either R32 gtr or gts-t.. due to epa notice, my current zorst is reading 94db which is illegal.. would anyone have a stock 32R front pipe as i have a 3in currently and it maybe adding to the high db reading.. will need it for 2 days at most and can pickup from metro melb.. plz help

Youll need a GTR one unfortunately. Theyre quieter than a GTSt, and those dont pass. I had stock fronts, a cat with stuff in it and a GTSt catback, its read 91-92 still. Maybe if you get a good place theyll let it slide because its all nissan stuff.

bugger.. i have heard of ppl putting wire mesh in the zorst for short amount of time.. does this work? i was thinking of getting a smaller flange plate made to fit between front pipe and the cat.. not sure if it will effectively reduce the noise by 4db or more though..

the test is done at 5100 rpm which sucks coz the car will easily pass at 4000 - 4500rpm mark with current zorst.. i dont even drive my car around the 5k mark..

anyone have a stock gtr zorst plz help.. other suggestions also appreciated

For other suggestions see the EPA thread.

With my exhaust I have a flange towards the rear, so I got a custom muffler made up, that chocked it like crazy but it passed. Cost me less than $200 to pass.