SAU Community

I see q45's all the time, but they aren't on the sevs register as far as i can see.

Is there any way i can bring one in or did this die when they introduced sevs?

Sold as F50 Cima's in Japan which is the model we import here, I have one and a mate does over here in Perth.

SEVS Approval

I think he may be referring to the G50 which was sold in Japan as a Q45 as well as in North America... they ran from 1989 or so up until about 2003 (as the President), I believe they are the longest running car Nissan ever made, fact fans!

A couple of G50 Q45's came in under the 15 year old rule (I used to own one) but that has now ended, although they are probably eligible under SEVS I can't see any compliance workshop ever getting the evidence for them, so you're going to have to find one that's here already if you want one. Nissan Australia actually sold them here in 1993 or 1994 and brought 100 over, they cost well into the six figure price mark and were an abysmal failure, most of them were given to Nissan execs as company cars as Nissan just couldn't sell the damn things. If you're ok with the styling I think they are very nice cars, the VH45 V8 is a SWEET engine, even hauling nearly 2 tons of metal at 100kph mine pulled REALLY hard.