Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, Saturday's are oh so hard to get off, I'll see what I can do, because I want to come, even if it is just to help out.

put me one the maybe list.

hi just wondering how long it takes to get there from sydney as im from newcastle

thanks

Hey mate I am from the hunter valley, I towed my car last year and it took me about 3.5 - 4 hrs. I will be heading down so you can convoy with me if ya want.

Okay, I'm in, I'm done and paid! Just need to get skillz... ;)

Bring it Chubbs!!!! :down:

He he he he he :P

I'm in and have paid.

WHA DA!! Awesome news... i hope it is with those new snails installed and all!! Just need to get Nick out!!

re: open wheelers - I called wakie today but no answer!?!?

I sent them an email so as soon as I find out I'll post up here :down:

tom32 - Mate I'd suggest driving down friday and staying that night so you get some rest before the day - it really is a long day driving there, racing, driving home all in one day!

Stay and have beers with us :P

He he he he he :)

Skillz?? Thats what i thought my $160 was for! Dont i get a showbag at the start of the day with some skillz to sample?

:P:P:D:D:D

Its now a race against time to have the SS running properly for Wakefield. Otherwise I may be on the sidelines watching...

Something is a miss, but have crossed all fingers and toes and hope it gets fixed within the next week or 2.... :bunny:

Hey Neil,

Will you be there? If so i want dibs on getting some more advice?

Ryan

I'm unsure at the moment Ryan and If i do make it no problems helping you out mate and that goes for everybody. :mellow::mellow::D

I wouldn't mind bringing my car down there and as Michele asked are open wheelers welcome?.

Now that might sound like a stupid question but we are both in very quick,,,low race cars with little protection.

Neiher of us would want to tangle with a 1400 + kilo tin top,,,we both still have a lot of living to do.

We would basically need our own group which would reduce everybody elses track time.

After saying that we proberly don't need as much track time per session and it might be a bit of fun,,,Michele and I could do some mini races,,, I'd realish some standing start practice.

So If that is un-exceptable,,,please say so,,,we'll still love you all in the morning but we will laugh at your lap times. :bunny::):)

Neil.

lol, Chris is checking with Wakie regarding the open wheelers will let guys know ASAP.

Wakefield won't have a problem with us,,,It's what you guys decide.

Michele and I have already done track days there and I've done a supersprint as well.

Neil.

Neil cough exec section cough lol

:D

Damn Chris - whats up with the VZ?

Not going to assume too much at the moment..

Took it for a tune and OTRCAI and straight away it wouldn't pull 238 like last time..Its refusing to go past 224, and revline has dropped 4-500rpm..So what have i changed since last dyno run?fuel and tyres. Could this be whats wrong? Maybe and a big possibility.

But, it may also be valve springs. Hoping to have it back at the mechanic saturday week for a new dyno run after i get rid of the Vpower and fill it up with what i used last time and will put the old tyres back on..Failing that, valve sprins will be checked and replaced with either 918's or 921's the same day or shortly after...

So if anyone wants a lift anywhere this weekend call me, and I will be your taxi service :) Need to go through lots of fuel... :)

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.
    • I would say 100% that it doesn't matter at all. I have an Al bonnet and I drop it sometimes, push it others. Have done so for 25 years and there's no way to tell that either has caused any problems (because there are no problems).
    • yeah, a black 4 door HR, stock AT RB20DE. Was a pretty good daily summer car, it was kept in a garage during winter but previous owner was fighting rust so most of the car was covered with rust undercoating, the trunk, floorpan, it started to rust underneath so I thought it would be better to find other chassis that was taken care better and do rust preventions myself, at least I would know where keep my attention at. Plans are simple, enjoy the car as much as I can, mostly on summer of course, winter here is long and not kind to 90s JDM, I wanna keep it mostly stock like, I'm not a huge fan of GT-R look or any body kits so gonna keep it as metal as possible haha, something more balanced look wise and yeah, work on performance, I was thinking about RB25DET but 20DET actually feels fun, as long as it's reliable I think I might keep it.