SAU Community

Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

Last year my car packed it in before the sun set any ways and most people had had enough by 2ish so with an extra group i dont think we will miss out on any track time. :D

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neil and Michele,

Its all good to bring the Open Wheelers if you guys like :D

Better book... lol

Thanks Chris your a champion as usual,,,but it's really unfair for everybody else to have to miss out on sessions because of 2 cars.

Even going out with experienced drivers is way to dangerous,,,Michele laps in the 1.05's and quicker and I'm in the the 1.06's with a car best of 1.02 (not me).

So after talking with Michele it's better that we don't come.

We both are going to laugh our guts out at all your laps times though.

Neil.

Don't get me wrong, I luv you guys and think it would be an excellent day (even with Chubbs :blink:) - and wouldn't I love to put these two cars up side by side for fun, but as Neil said, those running in the same group would have to be aware that we brake much faster and take slightly different lines and we therefore on occasion lead people into places at speeds they normally wouldn't contemplate.

Lets see how the numbers go, if you need some to make up the numbers and a couple of the fast runners don't mind waving us past, then we might be able to help fill out the numbers. And as Neil said, we'll still loves yas in the morning if you don't want us there LOL

I want you guys there!!

Nah thats cool - we'll see how the entrants go for the day - and please keep an eye on the thread guys, I personally would love to see these two in action :woot:

Can i just double check that the AASA licence i got at the texikhana is enough for this wakie day??

Also, they spelt my name wrong on the AASA licence. Will that be a problemo ??

I'm unsure at the moment Ryan and If i do make it no problems helping you out mate and that goes for everybody. :):P:P

<snip>

Neil.

I wouldn't suggest anyone getting tips off Neil.

You will end up running over all the kerbs, because he is used to sitting in the middle and will tell you to move over more every lap ahhahahahahahahahahahahha

:D

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any spots left...I forgot about this event...I am liken' the sound of it though so if there is room put me on the list and i will organise some cash...

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any spots left...I forgot about this event...I am liken' the sound of it though so if there is room put me on the list and i will organise some cash...

Yep We still have some spots left. This will be one exciting day!

I wouldn't suggest anyone getting tips off Neil.

You will end up running over all the kerbs, because he is used to sitting in the middle and will tell you to move over more every lap ahhahahahahahahahahahahha

:bunny:

Your a special kind a guy Jase in that special kind of way. :):banana::bunny:

Actually I tend to slap people for kerb hopping these days,,,it tends to break suspension parts.

Just ask Duncan,,,he doesn't kerb hop he kerb bashes. :O:rofl::D

Neil.

I'm in and paid, just then so probably won't come through until tomorrow.

will wakefield be hiring out helmets on the day or should i find my own before hand?

is a fire extinguisher in the car required or not since its not a cams event?

is there a petrol station near by or do you guys take extra fuel with you?

i think thats all my questions... for now :D

hey guys

just wondering if there's anyspots left? And is the account on the first page the one you deposit the $160 to enter the event

Yes mate!

And thats it, use that account etc - just put your username and wakie as your reference :)

Hope to see you there!

I'm in and paid, just then so probably won't come through until tomorrow.

will wakefield be hiring out helmets on the day or should i find my own before hand?

is a fire extinguisher in the car required or not since its not a cams event?

is there a petrol station near by or do you guys take extra fuel with you?

i think thats all my questions... for now :D

50/50 on the helmets! Id suggest getting your own helmet if you plan to do more days (i.e. more wakie and texi's :huh: )

Fire extinguisher - again, unsure - will find out lol

petrol station is at the track - but at almost $2L......its only 10 - 15mins back to town for fuel, thats what most people do, I also bring a small jerry can!

They had a couple on the shelf for hire today, about $20 hire. Nothing worse than a helmet which doesn't fit though and well umm sweaty helmets aren't much fun, but these should be dried out by the time you use it (get my drift :blink: )

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.
    • I would say 100% that it doesn't matter at all. I have an Al bonnet and I drop it sometimes, push it others. Have done so for 25 years and there's no way to tell that either has caused any problems (because there are no problems).
    • yeah, a black 4 door HR, stock AT RB20DE. Was a pretty good daily summer car, it was kept in a garage during winter but previous owner was fighting rust so most of the car was covered with rust undercoating, the trunk, floorpan, it started to rust underneath so I thought it would be better to find other chassis that was taken care better and do rust preventions myself, at least I would know where keep my attention at. Plans are simple, enjoy the car as much as I can, mostly on summer of course, winter here is long and not kind to 90s JDM, I wanna keep it mostly stock like, I'm not a huge fan of GT-R look or any body kits so gonna keep it as metal as possible haha, something more balanced look wise and yeah, work on performance, I was thinking about RB25DET but 20DET actually feels fun, as long as it's reliable I think I might keep it.