SAU Community

Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

Hi, just wondering what rule's/reg's come in to effect for an unregistered car?

Hey Mate. As long as it passes scruiteenering it's all good.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok time to ramp this up people. We need:

A) Excitement.

B) More entrants.

Can you all please tell all the people who you know like track or could be interested in it as we need more entrants to make this financially viable. If you are a keen and helpful club member put it in your signature and let's get this show on the road!!

Sorry to sound like a ninny, but, what do they look for in scrutineering? my car is completely stripped out with just a seat, dash cluster, harness and fire extinguisher. will this pass?

It's basically eveything has to be secure in engine bay and inside the car, no lose articles in the car and no fluid leaks..

What have you used the car for in the past?? sound tuff if all stripped out :D

Evil weevil and DIF will be able to clarify anything else

mmmk,

basically has to road worthy.

inside...

seat is secure

no loose objects

harness in date (if using) otherwise seatbelt in good condition

brake pedal feels good (pressure)

firewalls are closed

boot is cleared and empty

engine bay...

no leaks

battery clamped well and tight

tyres in good condition

ADR approved helmet in good nick

lng sleeved clothing

thats basically it

Sorry to sound like a ninny, but, what do they look for in scrutineering? my car is completely stripped out with just a seat, dash cluster, harness and fire extinguisher. will this pass?

usuall things that get checked

*Your brakelights need to work and if it's raining, your windscreen wipers need to work.

*Your car cannot have any fluid leaks at all.

*seatbelts in good cond

*brake pedal feels solid

*engine bay in good cond/everythiung secure

*tyres can't be bald

*make sure there is nothing loose in the car (boot/cabin)

*remove your space saver on the day (make sure it's still in the car on the way there.. you may need it :( )

Sounds like your car would be fine to pass though. Chris (Evil_Weevil and D_I_F will be doing the scrscruteneer checks on the day, so shoot one of them a PM or they can answer in here if they see this :D

Do you have any major exhaust mods, or do you have battery/oil/fuel relocated ?? this obviously needs to be done properly and enclosed where needed etc..

It's basically eveything has to be secure in engine bay and inside the car, no lose articles in the car and no fluid leaks..

What have you used the car for in the past?? sound tuff if all stripped out :yes:

Evil weevil and DIF will be able to clarify anything else

Its a 31 2door that i bought earilier this year to turn into a race/drift car, and this will be its first run (and mine :) ) on a track. I just wanted get it on the track to see what it really needs and not what i think it needs.

Orsm, thanks for the quick replies guys.

Its a 31 2door that i bought earilier this year to turn into a race/drift car, and this will be its first run (and mine :) ) on a track. I just wanted get it on the track to see what it really needs and not what i think it needs.

Orsm, thanks for the quick replies guys.

Nice!! well this trackday is perfect for you then and will be great experience! :yes:

usuall things that get checked

*Your brakelights need to work and if it's raining, your windscreen wipers need to work.

*Your car cannot have any fluid leaks at all.

*seatbelts in good cond

*brake pedal feels solid

*engine bay in good cond/everythiung secure

*tyres can't be bald

*make sure there is nothing loose in the car (boot/cabin)

*remove your space saver on the day (make sure it's still in the car on the way there.. you may need it :) )

Sounds like your car would be fine to pass though. Chris (Evil_Weevil and D_I_F will be doing the scrscruteneer checks on the day, so shoot one of them a PM or they can answer in here if they see this :yes:

Do you have any major exhaust mods, or do you have battery/oil/fuel relocated ?? this obviously needs to be done properly and enclosed where needed etc..

What about exhaust mods like this?? Done by yours truly but very tidy and very very secure... Just not RTA or EPA compliant...

post-43757-1212547766_thumb.jpg

What about exhaust mods like this?? Done by yours truly but very tidy and very very secure... Just not RTA or EPA compliant...

That's fine. as long as the tape is heat resistant and it's all secured.

I'd need Chris to give the final answer, but i'd say that wouldnt be an issue.

Ahem! What am I, chop liver?

Ok time to ramp this up people. We need:

A) Excitement.

B) More entrants.

Can you all please tell all the people who you know like track or could be interested in it as we need more entrants to make this financially viable. If you are a keen and helpful club member put it in your signature and let's get this show on the road!!

If you need the numbers to be viable... let Neil and I know and we can bring in the open wheelers :P:blink: