SAU Community

Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

Ok time to ramp this up people. We need:

A) Excitement.

B) More entrants.

Can you all please tell all the people who you know like track or could be interested in it as we need more entrants to make this financially viable. If you are a keen and helpful club member put it in your signature and let's get this show on the road!!

I've told most of my friends... and their response has been generally soft saying they lack the monetary capacity :P

Won't stop me going, especially since I have paid lol

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've got another question, if i have my normal daily rims on the front, and stockies on the back, both with decent tread, is this an issue? all the rims and tyres are the same size, i just don't want to waste my daily tyres if i dont have to, but i will if i need to

So basically buy some bargain set of tyres to trash? I've got two spare rims but not 4. Just wondering where to put em on if I only have two.

You will probably go through front tyres too Zane so it might be worth changing the fronts too.

hhmmm i've thought this would happen, but my fronts aren't very good tyres so gives me an excuse to use them up n get better ones, man i go through some tyres :)

Quick question - Are there gonna be any "official" photo peoples there? Like Oz-event Photo or someone?

I'm official :)

We may have a few photographers there on the day. But nothing like HPI or anything.

Just seeing At some part of the day are we aloud to drift? sometimes they say yes but not sure with you guys. :(

No drifting allowed on the track at anytime especially down the straight. ( You will be pulled off if we see anything ) If we have enough time we may have a drift session or 2.

I'm official :(

We may have a few photographers there on the day. But nothing like HPI or anything.

Of course you are Corinne :-)

There are those guys called Oz-event photo who i might try and contact if that's cool with the club?

On other days they rock up in the morning, start snapping away, and by the end of the day have CD's ready to go of your car. They were around $30-$40 bucks, but you get nice hi-res shots

probably a 35-45 profile. on say a 235mm wide tyre.

the compound and wall stiffness of the side wall will make a greater difference than the profile though.

i.e. while a lower profile tyre has more inherent sidewall stiffness, a tyre of higher quality sidewall (in regards to stiffness design) with a larger profile will generally speaking, perform better.

Of course you are Corinne :-)

There are those guys called Oz-event photo who i might try and contact if that's cool with the club?

On other days they rock up in the morning, start snapping away, and by the end of the day have CD's ready to go of your car. They were around $30-$40 bucks, but you get nice hi-res shots

I am! CAMS says I am! I even have a special book!

Anyways I doubt anyone would want to pay that much for their photos. (I'm sure I don't) I'm sure Xmetal or link can do a better deal then that. I would prefer to support their work.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.
    • I would say 100% that it doesn't matter at all. I have an Al bonnet and I drop it sometimes, push it others. Have done so for 25 years and there's no way to tell that either has caused any problems (because there are no problems).
    • yeah, a black 4 door HR, stock AT RB20DE. Was a pretty good daily summer car, it was kept in a garage during winter but previous owner was fighting rust so most of the car was covered with rust undercoating, the trunk, floorpan, it started to rust underneath so I thought it would be better to find other chassis that was taken care better and do rust preventions myself, at least I would know where keep my attention at. Plans are simple, enjoy the car as much as I can, mostly on summer of course, winter here is long and not kind to 90s JDM, I wanna keep it mostly stock like, I'm not a huge fan of GT-R look or any body kits so gonna keep it as metal as possible haha, something more balanced look wise and yeah, work on performance, I was thinking about RB25DET but 20DET actually feels fun, as long as it's reliable I think I might keep it.