Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone after some 17" slicks going cheap?

Got one set of 24/69/17's for $240 (firm price) with heaps of tread left, they've come from a team who used them for one testing session. They're basically a 240/45/17 - i put one of them ontop of a 235/45/17 street tyre ive got and cant tell the difference except for the massive difference in grip between the two :)

Ive got 2 sets of them, and once my new brakes go on the car it needs 18"s so someone get a bargain

Got one set of 24/69/17's for $240 (firm price) with heaps of tread left, they've come from a team who used them for one testing session. They're basically a 240/45/17 - i put one of them ontop of a 235/45/17 street tyre ive got and cant tell the difference except for the massive difference in grip between the two :D

Ive got 2 sets of them, and once my new brakes go on the car it needs 18"s so someone get a bargain

if only you'd posted that last week, just went and bought some semi's in that exact size :)

if only you'd posted that last week, just went and bought some semi's in that exact size :)

Sorry mate - how much were the semi's?

i got 205/45/17 on mine at the moment...

if i can confirm attendance on 21st ill definitely opt for a set.

Ok cool, let me know

Got one set of 24/69/17's for $240 (firm price) with heaps of tread left, they've come from a team who used them for one testing session. They're basically a 240/45/17 - i put one of them ontop of a 235/45/17 street tyre ive got and cant tell the difference except for the massive difference in grip between the two :)

take it your only selling the two? would be interested in all 4 at 120$ each.

hence the :) emoticon....

Yeah for sure, so you paid 300 per tyre - ill PM you when i sell tyres next cause it looks like CeJay just saved $720 and got "grippier" tyres

when is the last day to be able to attend?

What do you mean?

Last day to pay???

Is it still in time for applying SAU member and CAMS license???

As soon as we see that you have applied for membership and the money has been transfered we can put you down as a member even though you haven't received your membership pack.

As for the cams.. You may be cutting it close. it usually takes 2 -3 weeks for cams to turn around your application but you can give them a shot..

You shouldn't need a CAMS licence for this event - a AASA licence can be obtained from Wakefield on the day (12 months around $50)

Also (correct me if I'm wrong SAU admins) but as SAU NSW is a CAMS affiliated club (not that you need CAMS for this day) you should be able to fill out the forms and pay SAU and get 12months CAMS on the day, keeping the 28 day stubb at the bottom of the form. The catch may be that there won't be any club admins there on the day who have the authority.

i've got another question, my power steering pump belt isn't in the best shape, is it likely to fail scruitenering or is it too hard to make that call with out seeing it? i'll try n change it before, but incase i dont get the chance

when is the last day to be able to attend?

When it sells out you will have missed out but just before then is ok. The catch is that we don't know when it will sell out. Looks like coming down to the wire this time.

You shouldn't need a CAMS licence for this event - a AASA licence can be obtained from Wakefield on the day (12 months around $50)

Also (correct me if I'm wrong SAU admins) but as SAU NSW is a CAMS affiliated club (not that you need CAMS for this day) you should be able to fill out the forms and pay SAU and get 12months CAMS on the day, keeping the 28 day stubb at the bottom of the form. The catch may be that there won't be any club admins there on the day who have the authority.

This is correct Michele.

i've got another question, my power steering pump belt isn't in the best shape, is it likely to fail scruitenering or is it too hard to make that call with out seeing it? i'll try n change it before, but incase i dont get the chance

$17 and 20 minutes. Even if you buy it and then fit it on the morning at the track it's worth it.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.
    • I would say 100% that it doesn't matter at all. I have an Al bonnet and I drop it sometimes, push it others. Have done so for 25 years and there's no way to tell that either has caused any problems (because there are no problems).
    • yeah, a black 4 door HR, stock AT RB20DE. Was a pretty good daily summer car, it was kept in a garage during winter but previous owner was fighting rust so most of the car was covered with rust undercoating, the trunk, floorpan, it started to rust underneath so I thought it would be better to find other chassis that was taken care better and do rust preventions myself, at least I would know where keep my attention at. Plans are simple, enjoy the car as much as I can, mostly on summer of course, winter here is long and not kind to 90s JDM, I wanna keep it mostly stock like, I'm not a huge fan of GT-R look or any body kits so gonna keep it as metal as possible haha, something more balanced look wise and yeah, work on performance, I was thinking about RB25DET but 20DET actually feels fun, as long as it's reliable I think I might keep it.