SAU Community

Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

Are you going Neil? I'm in if you go... don't wanna be the only open wheeler

Michele,,,If the club needs numbers I will go. But after reading of possible drift sessions my interest has waned.

For the life of me I can never understand why tracks days have drift sessions. There are plenty of other events that cater.

They invariably waste valueable track time,,,almost always need a recovery vehicle at some time and more often than not leave rubbish all over the track.

Now don't get me wrong,,,I love drift just not at track days.

Neil.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok have my semis on order. Probably getting them stuck on the rims this saturday. Quick Question. Was told by one place that semi slicks or slicks shouldn't be balanced because of a potential hazard of the wheel weights coming off on the track. Anyone got an idea either way if this is the case?

thx

chris

Quick Question. Was told by one place that semi slicks or slicks shouldn't be balanced because of a potential hazard of the wheel weights coming off on the track. Anyone got an idea either way if this is the case?

thx

chris

I have a great idea Chris,,,don't use whoever said that. They obviously have no idea what they are taking about. Please get your wheels balanced,,,I have never had a weight come off,,,EVER.

Liz,,,what about we cable tie some brooms to the back and you can clean and sweep at the same time. :banana::banana::banana:

Neil.

I have a great idea Chris,,,don't use whoever said that. They obviously have no idea what they are taking about. Please get your wheels balanced,,,I have never had a weight come off,,,EVER.

Liz,,,what about we cable tie some brooms to the back and you can clean and sweep at the same time. :banana::banana::banana:

Neil.

I sought of figured that Neil, I did think it sounded weird :banana: . And thought it was BS, but thought I'd check. Wont be using them.

Ditto that.. Thats why the weights are placed on the inside of the rim, so that the centrifugal force actually pushes the weight onto the rim when its spinning.

Whoever told you that is full of it CeJay!

Michele,,,If the club needs numbers I will go. But after reading of possible drift sessions my interest has waned.

For the life of me I can never understand why tracks days have drift sessions. There are plenty of other events that cater.

They invariably waste valueable track time,,,almost always need a recovery vehicle at some time and more often than not leave rubbish all over the track.

Neil.

Neil, I said possibly a drift session pending on numbers if its just 1 or 2 then no.

but i almost always need a recovery vehicle and more often than not leave rubbish all over the track :banana:
rubbish or oil? :banana:

Lol.. @ Liz. She hasn't driven home from a trackday in a while!

I have 4 standard R33 gtst wheels for sale if anybody wants them. 2 are in great condition and 2 have marks on them but no gutter damage. I only want $50 bucks each and they would make great track rims. Funny they still have my old D01J's semi's fitted but they are years old and stuffed.

Neil.

Neil, I said possibly a drift session pending on numbers if its just 1 or 2 then no.

Yes I know you said "Possibly" Sweetpee and I said "Possibly" as well,,,but possibly just doesn't cut the mustard with me. It's a yes or a no.

I have already had to buy a new set of slicks because of deep cuts from rubbish left on the track and I can't afford another set just at the moment.

Tell me theres no drifting and I'll pay now. Oh actually not now because Roy got a hold of my wallet the other day and ate my credit cards,,,

the little shit left the money alone and just ate all my plastics.

But I can pay when Mel gets home.

Neil.

Neil.

post-28428-1213079890.gif

I have 4 standard R33 gtst wheels for sale if anybody wants them. 2 are in great condition and 2 have marks on them but no gutter damage. I only want $50 bucks each and they would make great track rims. Funny they still have my old D01J's semi's fitted but they are years old and stuffed.

Neil.

I did a track day on them too. It was like driving on ice. :P

Neil and Michele, we will make a proper decision tonight or tomorrow.

I have to say I'm with Neil on this one.

The day was promoted as a track day, thats what it should be!

I also agree due to the club is putting on a drift day later this year :P

I am looking like entering this trackday, will know this week.

I also agree due to the club is putting on a drift day later this year :(

I am looking like entering this trackday, will know this week.

ooo when might this be, or is it just a thought at the moment?

What do you mean?

Last day to pay???

As soon as we see that you have applied for membership and the money has been transfered we can put you down as a member even though you haven't received your membership pack.

As for the cams.. You may be cutting it close. it usually takes 2 -3 weeks for cams to turn around your application but you can give them a shot..

Thank guys,

Just fax the membership form today will transfer money tomorrow.

You shouldn't need a CAMS licence for this event - a AASA licence can be obtained from Wakefield on the day (12 months around $50)

Also (correct me if I'm wrong SAU admins) but as SAU NSW is a CAMS affiliated club (not that you need CAMS for this day) you should be able to fill out the forms and pay SAU and get 12months CAMS on the day, keeping the 28 day stubb at the bottom of the form. The catch may be that there won't be any club admins there on the day who have the authority.

Where can I send the CAMS form to???

Another question is this event alright for stocky car???

coz now i'm broke ..... have no budget to modify :(

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.
    • I would say 100% that it doesn't matter at all. I have an Al bonnet and I drop it sometimes, push it others. Have done so for 25 years and there's no way to tell that either has caused any problems (because there are no problems).
    • yeah, a black 4 door HR, stock AT RB20DE. Was a pretty good daily summer car, it was kept in a garage during winter but previous owner was fighting rust so most of the car was covered with rust undercoating, the trunk, floorpan, it started to rust underneath so I thought it would be better to find other chassis that was taken care better and do rust preventions myself, at least I would know where keep my attention at. Plans are simple, enjoy the car as much as I can, mostly on summer of course, winter here is long and not kind to 90s JDM, I wanna keep it mostly stock like, I'm not a huge fan of GT-R look or any body kits so gonna keep it as metal as possible haha, something more balanced look wise and yeah, work on performance, I was thinking about RB25DET but 20DET actually feels fun, as long as it's reliable I think I might keep it.