Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys, im in the boat with bejo and Neil.....will be there to watch and help out hopefully...

will be cruising up woth apollo s15 on the morning.

Having a look at the first page you need a wakefield or CAMS/AASA License to be a passenger?

Also I take it we don't need the blue triangle type marker for the battery or secondary bonnet restraint?

Having a look at the first page you need a wakefield or CAMS/AASA License to be a passenger?

Also I take it we don't need the blue triangle type marker for the battery or secondary bonnet restraint?

No to all of the above :woot:

I'm fairly sure you just need to sign a passenger disclaimer.
You need either a CAMS L2S licence or a Wakefield/AASA Licence. The CAMS one costs $88 a year and is used on most tracks around the country for a number of different kind of events (particularly the L2S open days that a number of us go to quite regularly) and must be purchased before the event. You need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated club, like SAU, to get one of these too. The Wakefield licence costs $50 a year and is available on the day from the track. Please note that any passengers will also require one of these licences.

That was on the first page, Just though it meant passengers would need one of those licenses at least. If not thats great.

Actually it's just changed. Passengers do not need a license but the purpose of passengers is "driver training".

Albert - I might have some for you.

Scott - Don't worry I already put you in the second fastest group. Groups will be announced shortly.

Actually it's just changed. Passengers do not need a license but the purpose of passengers is "driver training".

So does that mean that passangers are allowed? I am bringing a passanger and need to let him know if he will be allowed in the car around the track.

Thanks.

So does that mean that passangers are allowed? I am bringing a passanger and need to let him know if he will be allowed in the car around the track.

Thanks.

They were always allowed. Now they just don't need a license but still need to sign a disclaimer.

I just updated this in the first post.

Gates open officially at 8am although they usually appear to be open by about 7:30.

Sign on from 8am.

Scruitineering at the scruitineering shed from 8am until 8:40.

Drivers briefing and full track walk around at 8:40am - ALL DRIVERS MUST ATTEND.

First session which will be noobs 9am.

Remember there are a lot of people to get signed on so can I suggest that noobs get there as early as possible, sign on before doing anything else then get your car ready and scruitineered. Scruitineering will stop at 8:40 for the drivers briefing and start again for the stragglers at 9.

The scruitineering will be done at the shed behind the garages. Two lines, noobs to the left, the rest to the right. Bring your helmet and what you will be wearing on the track as all this needs to pass scruitineering too.

I've got a very Newbie sounding question but I am a newbie....(and I did a search but coudln't find anything)

I need to buy a helmet for Saturday....I am assuming any helmet I buy from a motorbike shop will be good enough as long as it is a full face...also what sort of money would i expect to spend...I assume all helmets sold in Aus are approved??

Anyone in Newcastle bought one up here recently, if so who from???

I've got a very Newbie sounding question but I am a newbie....(and I did a search but coudln't find anything)

I need to buy a helmet for Saturday....I am assuming any helmet I buy from a motorbike shop will be good enough as long as it is a full face...also what sort of money would i expect to spend...I assume all helmets sold in Aus are approved??

Ah good question.

You can use full or open face. We reccommend full face as it's more protective.

Any motorbike shop can sell you one to your buget. You are looking from $120 - 2k if you like.

This all depends on what you want to use it for. A cheapie $120 should do you fine

Just make sure that it fits properly. When you put the helmet on make sure it's very snug. Not too tight so it's pushing your cheeks in. But wobble your head around with it on. If it moves around it's too loose.

Try this place

http://nmw.com.au/s1/index.php?option=com_...t&Itemid=63

I just updated this in the first post.

Gates open officially at 8am although they usually appear to be open by about 7:30.

Sign on from 8am.

Scruitineering at the scruitineering shed from 8am until 8:40.

Drivers briefing and full track walk around at 8:40am - ALL DRIVERS MUST ATTEND.

First session which will be noobs 9am.

Remember there are a lot of people to get signed on so can I suggest that noobs get there as early as possible, sign on before doing anything else then get your car ready and scruitineered. Scruitineering will stop at 8:40 for the drivers briefing and start again for the stragglers at 9.

The scruitineering will be done at the shed behind the garages. Two lines, noobs to the left, the rest to the right. Bring your helmet and what you will be wearing on the track as all this needs to pass scruitineering too.

shotgun going out first :D

will we progress up if we do good lap times or stay in the same group

You can also hire helmets from wakie for the day :D

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Noice one 👍 I've done a 1:16.300 at Watkins Glen, will keep at it. Still have to knock off half a second at Suzuka in the Roadster
    • Two golds! Struggled to get silver on Gran Valley.
    • Interesting that it has 2 to the USB stick. Are the ones to the USB stick different? Or labelled anything at all? Telstra 4G is Band 28 is the long range one you want, it's 700mHz. I'm trying to do some reading on the Cel-Fi stuff, but I can't find any decent info online that makes me feel comfortable being able to work out the sort of antennas we could get away to swapping it over to. The antennas I'm starting to do some stuff with at work, are a transparent antenna. They're designed to stick onto the window. Which means you wouldn't even have the antenna outside the car. Volkswagen have just started using the exact same types of antennas on some of their new cars (And from the same antenna manufacturer). But, RF stuff is a bit of a dark art some days, and getting it wrong in your car could make for a terrible waste of money trying to swap antennas :S
    • I'm not going to lie Duncan, Saturday and Sunday were pretty rough days. The sort of work I was doing would previously have ended up with me spending about an hour and a half chatting with Neil. Firstly about something I had a question about, and then both of us rambling off on tangents.  I think how Neil did things, and his attitude to getting it done is helping me in part to get this stuff done. Then I can actually do the things I enjoy more easily  
    • Talked to another R34 GT-T owner, he said bonnet of his car once fell and slammed from full height because of strong wind at a car show and nothing was damaged or broken, so I guess I'm just overthinking some things but yeah, just making sure I'm not damaging the car anyhow cause wanna keep it for a long time.