SAU Community

Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

Are you going Neil? I'm in if you go... don't wanna be the only open wheeler

Michele,,,If the club needs numbers I will go. But after reading of possible drift sessions my interest has waned.

For the life of me I can never understand why tracks days have drift sessions. There are plenty of other events that cater.

They invariably waste valueable track time,,,almost always need a recovery vehicle at some time and more often than not leave rubbish all over the track.

Now don't get me wrong,,,I love drift just not at track days.

Neil.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok have my semis on order. Probably getting them stuck on the rims this saturday. Quick Question. Was told by one place that semi slicks or slicks shouldn't be balanced because of a potential hazard of the wheel weights coming off on the track. Anyone got an idea either way if this is the case?

thx

chris

Quick Question. Was told by one place that semi slicks or slicks shouldn't be balanced because of a potential hazard of the wheel weights coming off on the track. Anyone got an idea either way if this is the case?

thx

chris

I have a great idea Chris,,,don't use whoever said that. They obviously have no idea what they are taking about. Please get your wheels balanced,,,I have never had a weight come off,,,EVER.

Liz,,,what about we cable tie some brooms to the back and you can clean and sweep at the same time. :banana::banana::banana:

Neil.

I have a great idea Chris,,,don't use whoever said that. They obviously have no idea what they are taking about. Please get your wheels balanced,,,I have never had a weight come off,,,EVER.

Liz,,,what about we cable tie some brooms to the back and you can clean and sweep at the same time. :banana::banana::banana:

Neil.

I sought of figured that Neil, I did think it sounded weird :banana: . And thought it was BS, but thought I'd check. Wont be using them.

Ditto that.. Thats why the weights are placed on the inside of the rim, so that the centrifugal force actually pushes the weight onto the rim when its spinning.

Whoever told you that is full of it CeJay!

Michele,,,If the club needs numbers I will go. But after reading of possible drift sessions my interest has waned.

For the life of me I can never understand why tracks days have drift sessions. There are plenty of other events that cater.

They invariably waste valueable track time,,,almost always need a recovery vehicle at some time and more often than not leave rubbish all over the track.

Neil.

Neil, I said possibly a drift session pending on numbers if its just 1 or 2 then no.

but i almost always need a recovery vehicle and more often than not leave rubbish all over the track :banana:
rubbish or oil? :banana:

Lol.. @ Liz. She hasn't driven home from a trackday in a while!

I have 4 standard R33 gtst wheels for sale if anybody wants them. 2 are in great condition and 2 have marks on them but no gutter damage. I only want $50 bucks each and they would make great track rims. Funny they still have my old D01J's semi's fitted but they are years old and stuffed.

Neil.

Neil, I said possibly a drift session pending on numbers if its just 1 or 2 then no.

Yes I know you said "Possibly" Sweetpee and I said "Possibly" as well,,,but possibly just doesn't cut the mustard with me. It's a yes or a no.

I have already had to buy a new set of slicks because of deep cuts from rubbish left on the track and I can't afford another set just at the moment.

Tell me theres no drifting and I'll pay now. Oh actually not now because Roy got a hold of my wallet the other day and ate my credit cards,,,

the little shit left the money alone and just ate all my plastics.

But I can pay when Mel gets home.

Neil.

Neil.

post-28428-1213079890.gif

I have 4 standard R33 gtst wheels for sale if anybody wants them. 2 are in great condition and 2 have marks on them but no gutter damage. I only want $50 bucks each and they would make great track rims. Funny they still have my old D01J's semi's fitted but they are years old and stuffed.

Neil.

I did a track day on them too. It was like driving on ice. :P

Neil and Michele, we will make a proper decision tonight or tomorrow.

I have to say I'm with Neil on this one.

The day was promoted as a track day, thats what it should be!

I also agree due to the club is putting on a drift day later this year :P

I am looking like entering this trackday, will know this week.

I also agree due to the club is putting on a drift day later this year :(

I am looking like entering this trackday, will know this week.

ooo when might this be, or is it just a thought at the moment?

What do you mean?

Last day to pay???

As soon as we see that you have applied for membership and the money has been transfered we can put you down as a member even though you haven't received your membership pack.

As for the cams.. You may be cutting it close. it usually takes 2 -3 weeks for cams to turn around your application but you can give them a shot..

Thank guys,

Just fax the membership form today will transfer money tomorrow.

You shouldn't need a CAMS licence for this event - a AASA licence can be obtained from Wakefield on the day (12 months around $50)

Also (correct me if I'm wrong SAU admins) but as SAU NSW is a CAMS affiliated club (not that you need CAMS for this day) you should be able to fill out the forms and pay SAU and get 12months CAMS on the day, keeping the 28 day stubb at the bottom of the form. The catch may be that there won't be any club admins there on the day who have the authority.

Where can I send the CAMS form to???

Another question is this event alright for stocky car???

coz now i'm broke ..... have no budget to modify :(

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Looks like a healthy scene. You've had an R34 before?  What are your plans?
    • So here is local scene in my city, not much but we are always welcome for any foreign Nissan sport cars buddies!
    • Hey man Thank you! Excited to be here Mostly 4 doors ER, HRs not much of 2 doors, I personally know 3 guys that have coupes And yeah, they are some BNRs, BCNRs, not that much left, some of them went to EU.   Thanks, actually the conversion was done by previous owner, I wanted to get it even when it was 20DE AT cause the chassis was taken care well but getting it with MT turbo wasdefinitely an additional pleasure 😃   
    • Hey guys   I'm pretty sure this question was asked before, I had an HR34 before, got another one again and I never gave much attention to this but wanted to ask you guys about dropping or pushing bonnet problem. ER, HR got pretty heavy steel bonnets, I'm sure S chassis and other R chassis gens also got heavy bonnets. I used to push it after I gently put it down on the latch but I saw some videos guys dropping it from 30-40 cm and some say it's more reliable way to make sure it's safely closed. I let it drop a couple times from like 30-40 cm and it's locked no problem but it gives me that bad OCD feeling after that that something is damaged lol, the bonnet rubbers is there, guess they handle that little fall energy well and the latch itself is what stops the bonnet right?  Talked to other Skyline owners, some say both methods are fine, some against dropping it by any means, some drop all the time no problem. So I'm like confused if I was doing it wrong or not and if I already messed up something. ...and jealous of my friend's Z, dropping aluminum bonnet feels so much right and better haha