SAU Community

Sau Nsw Wakefield Track Day

Abo Bob

Ok time to ramp this up people. We need:

A) Excitement.

B) More entrants.

Can you all please tell all the people who you know like track or could be interested in it as we need more entrants to make this financially viable. If you are a keen and helpful club member put it in your signature and let's get this show on the road!!

I've told most of my friends... and their response has been generally soft saying they lack the monetary capacity :P

Won't stop me going, especially since I have paid lol

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've got another question, if i have my normal daily rims on the front, and stockies on the back, both with decent tread, is this an issue? all the rims and tyres are the same size, i just don't want to waste my daily tyres if i dont have to, but i will if i need to

So basically buy some bargain set of tyres to trash? I've got two spare rims but not 4. Just wondering where to put em on if I only have two.

You will probably go through front tyres too Zane so it might be worth changing the fronts too.

hhmmm i've thought this would happen, but my fronts aren't very good tyres so gives me an excuse to use them up n get better ones, man i go through some tyres :)

Quick question - Are there gonna be any "official" photo peoples there? Like Oz-event Photo or someone?

I'm official :)

We may have a few photographers there on the day. But nothing like HPI or anything.

Just seeing At some part of the day are we aloud to drift? sometimes they say yes but not sure with you guys. :(

No drifting allowed on the track at anytime especially down the straight. ( You will be pulled off if we see anything ) If we have enough time we may have a drift session or 2.

I'm official :(

We may have a few photographers there on the day. But nothing like HPI or anything.

Of course you are Corinne :-)

There are those guys called Oz-event photo who i might try and contact if that's cool with the club?

On other days they rock up in the morning, start snapping away, and by the end of the day have CD's ready to go of your car. They were around $30-$40 bucks, but you get nice hi-res shots

probably a 35-45 profile. on say a 235mm wide tyre.

the compound and wall stiffness of the side wall will make a greater difference than the profile though.

i.e. while a lower profile tyre has more inherent sidewall stiffness, a tyre of higher quality sidewall (in regards to stiffness design) with a larger profile will generally speaking, perform better.

Of course you are Corinne :-)

There are those guys called Oz-event photo who i might try and contact if that's cool with the club?

On other days they rock up in the morning, start snapping away, and by the end of the day have CD's ready to go of your car. They were around $30-$40 bucks, but you get nice hi-res shots

I am! CAMS says I am! I even have a special book!

Anyways I doubt anyone would want to pay that much for their photos. (I'm sure I don't) I'm sure Xmetal or link can do a better deal then that. I would prefer to support their work.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hey man Thank you! Excited to be here Mostly 4 doors ER, HRs not much of 2 doors, I personally know 3 guys that have coupes And yeah, they are some BNRs, BCNRs, not that much left, some of them went to EU.   Thanks, actually the conversion was done by previous owner, I wanted to get it even when it was 20DE AT cause the chassis was taken care well but getting it with MT turbo wasdefinitely an additional pleasure 😃   
    • Hey guys   I'm pretty sure this question was asked before, I had an HR34 before, got another one again and I never gave much attention to this but wanted to ask you guys about dropping or pushing bonnet problem. ER, HR got pretty heavy steel bonnets, I'm sure S chassis and other R chassis gens also got heavy bonnets. I used to push it after I gently put it down on the latch but I saw some videos guys dropping it from 30-40 cm and some say it's more reliable way to make sure it's safely closed. I let it drop a couple times from like 30-40 cm and it's locked no problem but it gives me that bad OCD feeling after that that something is damaged lol, the bonnet rubbers is there, guess they handle that little fall energy well and the latch itself is what stops the bonnet right?  Talked to other Skyline owners, some say both methods are fine, some against dropping it by any means, some drop all the time no problem. So I'm like confused if I was doing it wrong or not and if I already messed up something. ...and jealous of my friend's Z, dropping aluminum bonnet feels so much right and better haha    
    • Hi Jay! Welcome to  ! Are there many Skylines over there? Does the ---> mean you have converted it to turbo and manual? Very cool.
    • Hello there 😃 Cheers from Kazakhstan to everyone, got myself HR34, RB20DE AT ---> RB20DET MT   Nothing fancy, mostly stock, had an HR34 before but the goal was finding a rust free one (impossible), but this one is definitely cleaner than the last one 😃