SAU Community

Sau Nsw Trackday - 21st June (saturday!)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8-8:40 for scrutineering

arrive at the track get the car checked, swap wheels to the semis/remove lose items. From the main thread they will have a line dedicated to the first group out for scrutineering.

ok yes 8-8.40 but we would prefer everyone get there as early as possible in that time frame. If everyone arrives at 8.35am it's not going to make it very easy to get through 40 cars is it.

anyway, I'm sure Cejay has it sorted :)

ok, im making an executive decision.....

Departure Time is 6.30am SHARP! If your not there and ready to go by then we will leave without you!

was awsome fun, thanks john for the lift up, was awsome fun, thanks reece for a spin, both of you give me an idea how much i have to learn (a s**Tload comes to mind) but learnt some, and had a blast

\alex

So who from the ACT enjoyed it? lol

Frink - whats been done to your car driveline wise mate?

brakes?

diff?

suspension?

I was impressed!

I had the worst/no brakes :D

:)

slotted DBA 4000 rotors, high temp pads, stainless steel braided brake lines, motul RBF600 fluid, Kaaz 1.5 way mechanical LSD, HSD adjustable coilovers, adjustable toe, camber and castor, HICAS lock bar, front strut brace, GTR rear wing on full downforce adjustment (it actually helps!). i think thats about it....

i had a great time. you run a well organised event and i cant wait for the next one....

off the top of my head i think i've got DBA 4000 rotors, but not the pads etc, and my brakes would shudder real bad when they were hot, and now my pedal feels all spongy :D

nfi what rotors I have, think they are stock rotors, cant fault the QFM pads though, held up good, no brake fade, although I was a bit cautious, brake pedals still holding up fine.

off the top of my head i think i've got DBA 4000 rotors, but not the pads etc, and my brakes would shudder real bad when they were hot, and now my pedal feels all spongy :(

you need to get your rotors machined and give your brake fluid a good flush. the shudder you were feeling was your rotors warping due to the high brake temps. its not a nice is it?

Frink - nice mate, Im getting my new diff fitted asap - just a 1 way though - I had massive dramas getting the power down, had to wait to car was almoist straight and I didnt even have that much power!

But yeah, well set up and you sure were quick mate, hats off to ya!

:D

Frink - nice mate, Im getting my new diff fitted asap - just a 1 way though - I had massive dramas getting the power down, had to wait to car was almoist straight and I didnt even have that much power!

But yeah, well set up and you sure were quick mate, hats off to ya!

:laugh:

Cheers buddy! :D

i know how you feel in regards to the diff situation. get it done ASAP! i cant tell you just how much faster it actually is.

you need to get your rotors machined and give your brake fluid a good flush. the shudder you were feeling was your rotors warping due to the high brake temps. its not a nice is it?

cheers for that frink! does this mean that my rotor are likely to warp every track day i go to? what a pain because it started like half way through the day! warping is definitely not nice as it was shaking the whole steering colom.

yeah unfortunately they will. you just have to do 3 "hot" laps then 1 or 2 "slow" laps as this will help (a lot!) with cooling your brakes and help prevent them from warping.