SAU Community

Glam Groups (vic) - Anyone Dealt With Them?

Hi guys.

If anyone here has dealt with them, could you please drop me a PM.. this is fairly important so I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Edited by nis0

So since I haven't had a PM, i'll give Mike a shameless plug :D

Found my car advertised on ebay of all places. Looked at description, photos etc. I was VERY impressed from photos alone how clean it looked. Completely bone stock. Went there next day in person with a mate of mine who has had his r33 for about 5 years now, we test drove it. I was extremely impressed how tight everything felt etc. I'd looked at a few R33's prior to that one and I wasn't impressed to say the least... I was pleased and my mate and I thought the car was mint, so I called Paul Bell from State Roads (VERY good pre-inspection service) and got the car inspected same day. Paul finished up took me outside for a smoke and a discussion about his findings, he told me he had inspected hundreds of skylines in his time and that was one of the best he had seen. Only thing he found with it was steering rack boots need changing and a manifold stud was broken, other than that, nothing, no rust, no imperfections. Car had factory paint thickness on all panels execpt for right rear quarter which he said had some cosmetic work done to it, no big deal, nothing structural. We went back and made him an offer, Mike agreed and I left a deposit. Went in next day paid for car... Had to wait 5 days (and God was it the longest wait of my life!!) for VicRoads due to them being booked out for a pits inspection before registration. Picked the car up and have been rapt ever since.

Sorry for such a long post. Glam Groups (Mike) gets my thumbs up. He mainly does compliance work these days so it was a lucky find for me to have a car at his workshop.

Anyone considering getting an import I highly recommend him. www.glamgroups.com.au

Cheers.

Ev.

Trel, the car inspection bloke. Do you have his details? I need to have a full inspection done when in july or so when im looking to buy an r33 as well, and he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. How much does he change for the inspection?

For a non-import vehicle it is $199 for an import it is $260, seems a bit steep but you have to remember, you would much rather spend that amount and get the car checked as opposed to paying 15k and then finding out the car is a dunga! As far as I know RACV and NRMA etc. only do a 100 point check, Paul does a 250 point. www.stateroads.com.au Ph. 9850-8000. Generally, if you call early enough you can get the inspection done same day if you find a car youre really keen on... Good luck mate.

Ev.

Put a deposit on a r32 gtst, took it for a pre-inspection to EAS, motor was on its last legs, returned it and eventually got my deposit back after a couple of months.

Was notified by friend who told me that they pulled out the engine and dropped in a rb25 after i gave them the pre-inspection results...

Although my friend got a good condition r32 from them :laugh:

I guess it just comes down to the luck of the draw