SAU Community

Haltech R35 Gt-r Dyno & Drag Results Thread

SRP

I was down at Gas Motorsport today for some closed door dyno testing.

Haltech have their R35 GTR running o their Platinum series ECU ( available later in the year)

Its a prototype set-up and they are still ironing some bugs out but so far doing well.

They replaced the centre muffler and cat with straight through pipe but it made no difference to power. Also tried removing the rear muffler. This also made no tangible difference.

But upping boost to 15psi and doping some fine tuning meant power went from 2987kW stock to 356kW at the wheels.

Not bad huh

Will be at Compak Attak tomorrow.

[mod edit: Edited thread title to include drag results]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was down at Gas Motorsport today for some closed door dyno testing.

Haltech have their R35 GTR running o their Platinum series ECU ( available later in the year)

Its a prototype set-up and they are still ironing some bugs out but so far doing well.

They replaced the centre muffler and cat with straight through pipe but it made no difference to power. Also tried removing the rear muffler. This also made no tangible difference.

But upping boost to 15psi and doping some fine tuning meant power went from 2987kW stock to 356kW at the wheels.

Not bad huh

Will be at Compak Attak tomorrow.

wow, looks like they de-tuned it pretty good :happy:

will be intersting to see if there are any clutch/gearbox issues that may arise with the hike in power...Wish I knew this test was on today, I would love to have showed up for that one

It was very intresting day I was there as well ,there is still more sorting to do as yet .and still a little more power to be squeezed out as yet a great result

post-7066-1211059714_thumb.jpg

Yep 11.1 @ 124mph was the best run w/ launch control on. They dialed in 11.0 for the bracket drag but launch control sequence wasn't dialled in 100% correctly. Still ran an 11.5 @125 and an 11.8 @ 126 without launch control.

Pics, timeslip and story @ www.gtrblog.com

Full photo gallery coming soon

10 psi. They are running 15.

Would you not think the hp gain is pretty much in line with what you would get from most vehicles if you upped the boost by 50%.?

gains were never that big with past GTR's from just an exhaust... this car looks like it will run 10's with just a bit of boost and tune... amazing

yeah i guess big was a poor choice of word...noticible was more what i was thinking!

Terrific result.

Once we start seeing high 10s with basic mods like this, when tuning has been better developed, that will just be ridiculously fast.

How much cash will your old GTR's need to match that?

Terrific result.

Once we start seeing high 10s with basic mods like this, when tuning has been better developed, that will just be ridiculously fast.

How much cash will your old GTR's need to match that?

Not as much as it will cost to buy this car. :banana:

11.1 and 126mph from a car that weighs 1740kg, and has had no mechanical changes, is nothing short of staggering.

all hail the new king of performance cars