SAU Community

Haltech R35 Gt-r Dyno & Drag Results Thread

SRP

And that was its first run. I am sure with even a slightly better 60' time it would run a 10 very easily. I wouldn't be surpised if it runs a mid to low 10 in the not to distant future.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

would an ecu only void the warranty on the mechanicals?

Take a look at the Cobb system: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3853

The AccessPort reprogramming device can flash new maps, which are downloadable from the Cobb website and have available updates as new maps come out for whatever modifications are made to the engine. The idea is that when you go to your dealer for covered warranty work, you hook up the AccessPort and flash back to OEM.

"Uninstall the AccessPORT from Vehicle:

The AccessPORT has the ability to easily remove its programming from the vehicle on which it is installed and return the ECU back to a stock state. To remove the AccessPORT from the vehicle and return it to a stock state, select “Uninstall” from the main menu."

These guys have been doing this for a long time. They are in the process of developing their own maps right now. Suggest taking a look at them when it comes time to play. Below is an idea how it works:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3846

also cobb have nothing available at the moment or have a date when something maybe ready, as i have already contacted them and that was the reply.

also cobb have nothing available at the moment or have a date when something maybe ready, as i have already contacted them and that was the reply.

I keep thinking OZ is still in 'waiting mode'. I forget about the greys, but then it doesn't matter in that situation anyways, cause there is no warranty, eh?

I was @ WSID on Sunday. I assure you, the R35 has plenty left in it. The 11.1 was a piece of cake for this car. 10s in street trim shouldnt be a drama.

It is a sensational car.

Congrats to Haltech & Gas Motorsport.. :teehee:

:geek:

I was @ WSID on Sunday. I assure you, the R35 has plenty left in it. The 11.1 was a piece of cake for this car. 10s in street trim shouldnt be a drama.

It is a sensational car.

Congrats to Haltech & Gas Motorsport.. :woot:

:P

1.782 60' ?

11.124 1/4 mile ?

They are only a little > a tenth of a second off a 10 second run. That 60 foot is almost a 1.8! I have a feeling it is possible to get 1.6 or 1.7 under ideal conditions...or just a few more runs. One lap 'only' before the ECU loses launch capability?

That is not the best run. Spray some VHT on the track, decrease some psi in the wheels, cooler air in late evening, better track prep, warm the tires better, or just a couple more shots = 10s. OMG sweet! It took me a year and a half to do that in my other car. There will come a point where the factory launch parameters will not be ideal for the increased TQ though. That will need to be addressed. Wish I was there to see how the wheels were turning at the launch.

Haha.biggrin.gif There are going to be more road crashes as people fail to realize how fast these numbers will translate when pushed on the street.

nah it's not registered yet. any plates you may or may not have seen are your mind playing tricks on you. :rofl: They are just some show plates for looks at the track etc I think.

yeah it's pretty harsh isn't it. you go and spend 10s of thousands and years of work and agony to get your nice GTR or GTST running low 11s and then bamn, you head out on wednesday night to WSID and get absolutely smoked by an outwardly stock R35 running just a boost up ecu that pulls a 10.8 on it's regular 20inch road rubber. then whilst you are being defected on the way out for all the mods you have lovingly fitted the R35 driver rolls past without a care in the world.

all I can suggest boys is START SAVING!!!

Funny you should say that! about ten or twelve years ago i remember going for a drive in a gtst and thinking how nice it was but how i really wanted a gtr but couldnt afford it at it, i think import r32 gtr's were about mid forties back then. now i am a self confessed addict that will go without a meal(mind you by my body shape you wouldnt think so) to have gtr's!!

my wife hates me but my shed is full! haha !!

mine has refused to speak to me again until the car is sold and/or i promise to never race again.

haha, yep that is a nice deal!

and russ, you're a liar mate. we both know sarah is just as maybe even more pumped about the 35 than you are. you're a lucky devil mate. shame your kids now run around naked since you spent their clothing money on GTRs. i'm sure they will understand.... one day..... :)