SAU Community

Which Dumps Go With T517z's?

Hi all,

Going to install some T517z's on my gtr and havent made up my mind which dumps to use. Ive seen SK posted that some dumps will interfere with the actuators on the T517z, but ive also seen posts where people are using HKS and Xforce dumps on them. URAS aparently used stock dumps on his T517z engine.. but ive been unable to confirm.

Im told that dump upgrades are one of those "must do" mods, for the gtr. Everything else is in place to make 300kw so all i need is the dumps, or to port the ones I already have...

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Ian

I'll add that the car already has a nismo front pipe, so id prefer to not have to change that to the trust setup with the crazy long trust dumps that i have also seen. Just replacing the dumps is all i really want to do... if thats whats recommended.

Edited by Vspec R33

Nismoid, are you interested in a genuine Nismo front pipe as a partial swap for the trust dumps and front pipe? What are you selling them for?

Anyone else want to let me know whats going to fit...

keep the nismo pipes, they are very nice. the only ones I've seen that I liked more are the current model HKS ones which are welded on the inside. and have larger 70mm primaries instead of the 60 or 65 the nismo ones are.

there is really only one choice for GTR dumps at the moment I reckon. TOMEI. very nice. big open design. proper 70mm outlet (not 60odd like HKS ones), big open bell mouth so little to no chance of your wastegate flap hitting anything either.

here are some pics of a set I bought a few years ago when they first started doing this type.

picture005lv4.jpg

picture015ah9.jpg

picture008oy1.jpg

picture018pr1.jpg

picture017kp5.jpg

in fact I may even have a set lying around I can part with if you need some in a hurry.

Thanks Beer Baron. I do like the tomei ones they look very nice. Im not in a hurry at the moment to do the turbo and dump pipe swap, though if you do want to sell what you have let me know a price?

So is the problem with other aftermarket dumps pipes used with T517z's the the wastegate flap valve interfering with the dump pipes that have a seperate wastegate port? Like the hks ones? Why couldnt that be fixed with a die grinder, or can it be?

If only i had one of everything ever made I could see what fits with what...

Edited by Vspec R33

correct me if I am wrong but my understanding of the Trust T517z is that the wastegate itself swings in the other direction ( Not a Gay joke ) which is why the dump pipes that have a split dump pipe eg type that has a seperate pipe for wastegate exhaust cannot be used....Thats my understanding

correct me if I am wrong but my understanding of the Trust T517z is that the wastegate itself swings in the other direction ( Not a Gay joke ) which is why the dump pipes that have a split dump pipe eg type that has a seperate pipe for wastegate exhaust cannot be used....Thats my understanding

I belive your are 100% correct, thats what i read in a Zoom mag ages ago when they put them on a GTR (not that you should take Zoom as gospel lol)

Well here is a pic of one of my T517z 8m turbo's. I guess i just need to find a HKS GTSS/GT2530 for comparison now...

I just checked my friends Garrett 2871 and the flap does in fact go the opposite way.

Edited by GTR1993