SAU Community

R33 Sii Headlights

Just want to know where I can buy some brand new r33 series 2 headlights from? I washed my car the other day and now there is like a haziness to them, I cant explain, I thought originally it was just condensation from the wash but theyve been like that now for 2 days.... Other than buying new ones is there anything I can do?

Ev.

Just want to know where I can buy some brand new r33 series 2 headlights from? I washed my car the other day and now there is like a haziness to them, I cant explain, I thought originally it was just condensation from the wash but theyve been like that now for 2 days.... Other than buying new ones is there anything I can do?

Ev.

New headlights are like 600$ each. The seal between the 2 parts of your headlight is probably just broken. Just take the headlight off, remove the bulbs and leave 'em open until the condensation evaporates. Then go to Supercheap or similar, spend 10$ on a new sealant and re-seal the thing. Beats paying 1200$ or so for a new pair of lights IMO.

I had the same problem when I bought my car bout 2 years ago (and it would also take ages for the condensation to disappear). This did the trick just fine.

Some one that works for Nissan should do a group buy on Series II headlights, im sure a lot of people would be keen on new ones if they were a bit cheaper.

if your talkin about the dirty,fogged up look dont worry because it happens to all of them. you can get lense cleaner but i found the best thing to use is brasso and a soft rag. come up like new

He's got condensation/water in his headlights so the seals are stuffed. Polishing will never get it out as it's on the inside.

Keep searching on yahooauctions Japan and a new set will pop up from time to time.

The best thing to do would be to just open the headlight up and clean everything inside and reseal it up with new seals. Make sure the cover for the globe plug is tight as well. Moisture can get from the globe plug hole and make it dirty.

I'm soooo suprised that no one does aftermarket headlights for R33 skylines, or hell, even a glass replacement instead of the crap plastic. My mate recently bought glass replacement headlights for his supra and they make it look 100 times better. If some one can make glass replacement headlights for a R33 SI or SII im sure they would make a killing! HINT HINT!!

Edited by PM-R33

I second a group buy too! I might play around with them on Friday as it is my day off. Ill try a bit of cutters on the lense see if that helps otherwise it's inside the light as I suspected... Grr.. I've only had the car for a week :woot:

Cheers.

Yeah its the inside of the headlight that over years gets all crap looking and the actual inside chrome lens starts flaking after a while, seen this on a couple of R33's. Some one do a group buy! :geek:

I have had this same problem to when i got my car.. First clean i did on it i was like eww these lights look so bad lol, But i saw it on alot of 33's so kinda figured it was normal.. I tried alot of things on them But a after market polish i use is great. Also Meguiars paint cleaner ( i think it is ) is really good to, but it only keeps them clear for a week or so and then they start to go yellow again so i might try some brasso! And as for the condensation i have that as well.. Its just im not 100% sure about what u mean by resealing like where on the light do you reseal?

I have had this same problem to when i got my car.. First clean i did on it i was like eww these lights look so bad lol, But i saw it on alot of 33's so kinda figured it was normal.. I tried alot of things on them But a after market polish i use is great. Also Meguiars paint cleaner ( i think it is ) is really good to, but it only keeps them clear for a week or so and then they start to go yellow again so i might try some brasso! And as for the condensation i have that as well.. Its just im not 100% sure about what u mean by resealing like where on the light do you reseal?

The part you reseal is where the front cover (the part that is dirty) and the rear part (where everything is held onto, black part). Where those two meet, you've got to seal it up again. Here's a picture to explain what I'm talking about. hahha

post-32186-1211537249_thumb.jpg

The cover you take off to clean 'connects' to this part circled.

My english sucks ass, can't explain anything, I just hope you understand what I'm trying to say. :)

Well they came good after a while, still a bit murky. I used some light scratch remover on them and rubbed it in real hard. The lights look practically brand new now.... Wonder how long they will look that way though.

So, I went and bought some cleaning products for my car the other day. I bought Meguiars Scratch X Swirl Remover, Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish, Meguiars Caranuba wax, applicators, microfibre cloths. etc. I went to wash my car that day and polish it and looked at my left headlight (which was really bad) and it was pissing me off, so I thought hmm what if I use some scratch X on it... I get the applicator out dab it in and start scrubbing, you need a lot of elbow grease here, I get my microfibre and wipe off and the head light looked awesome! I applied 2 more coats then I polished the headlight and then applied wax. I did it to both and they look like i've bought brand new lights now. Ill take photos possibly tommorow and post up. They look awesome now. Instead of spending 1000 dollars on new lights I spent 30 bucks on some swirl remover and they look a treat.

Cheers.

Ev.