SAU Community

Hey guys,

just wondering, if i get a NSW motor dealer's license, can i import more than one vehicle per year through sevs? if not will it be possible to do this using a corporate structure?

Cheers

~Simon

Edited by MrCima

ummm as a private citizen you can already import more than one car per year through sevs? I don't know if there is a limit at all. of course state laws dictate how many cars you can SELL per year but that is entirely seperate.

no idea but it's BS. you used to have to state that to get DEH exemption but they don't give them any more. basically had to say "i'm imporitng the car for my personal use and not planning to ever do it again....."

under sevs you can import as many cars as you want. which makes perfect sense. just like you can go to a holden dealership and buy as many cars as you want.

no idea but it's BS. you used to have to state that to get DEH exemption but they don't give them any more. basically had to say "i'm imporitng the car for my personal use and not planning to ever do it again....."

under sevs you can import as many cars as you want. which makes perfect sense. just like you can go to a holden dealership and buy as many cars as you want.

Yeah, that is the one. I felt a bit dodgy the fourth time I filled the damn thing out.

Yeah, that is the one. I felt a bit dodgy the fourth time I filled the damn thing out.

haha, me too. :D

well you know, at the time I didn't intend to bring in more cars, but things change... :geek:

these days you either need to pay for a licence to imports cars that are pre-charged with R134a or have it de-gassed in japan and get the appropriate de-gass certificate. any R12 charged cars must be de-gassed either way I believe. licence or not.