SAU Community

Hey all im kinda new here.. So hi :D But i was just wondering how much oil is the right amount to put in my gearbox. Im changing the oil on it wendsday and i want to fill it up to the correct amount. The cars a R33 Skyline with a RB25.

Thanks in Advance!!

Hey all im kinda new here.. So hi :D But i was just wondering how much oil is the right amount to put in my gearbox. Im changing the oil on it wendsday and i want to fill it up to the correct amount. The cars a R33 Skyline with a RB25.

Thanks in Advance!!

4.1 litres if completely drained. However, it is difficult to achieve a complete drain. Between 3.8 and 4 litres is pretty normal.

Oh i found a old post.. Saying thats its just under 3.8Litres.

Can anyone else confirm this? Cause im buying some Redline shockproof lightweight oil to go in tomorrow to try fix my box. But i want to know im filling it to the right point.. But normally i fill it by the taking off the shifter. Thats why i need to get the right amount 100%

Edited by Shadex

Oh i found a old post.. Saying thats its just under 3.8Litres.

Can anyone else confirm this? Cause im buying some Redline shockproof lightweight oil to go in tomorrow to try fix my box. But i want to know im filling it to the right point.. But normally i fill it by the taking off the shifter. Thats why i need to get the right amount 100%

Fill 'till it starts running out the filler hole mate. This will ensure the exact amount. Just make sure you can get the filler bung undone before you dump the old oil mate, otherwise you'll be stuck!

Well im borrowing my mates work shop for 30 mins haha, So even if i cant get it undone.. Would it be ok to fill it from the shifter and just keep checking the filler hole? Cause i know how bloody hard it is to tip oil in to that little hole. lol

HAHAHA woops i was doing a reply to a oil change on a engine at the same time. So your post is on the engine one :thumbsup: HAHAHA

ill post it now:).

- yeh its 3.8 liters and light weight synthetic from redline is the best gearbox oil because its more technical than a shell or castrol with the nulon adjective

go redline or your syncro's will get crushed fairly easy with other brands

cheers for the oil filter in the gearbox :laugh: HAHA

,Andrew

Lol np, But i think thats already happened.. Thats why im trying this oil to stop it.. Cause my 3rd gear kinda has a slight grind as it goes in once every 10 gear changes.. so im hoping this might fix it alot of people are saying it should.

i read how the heavy weights are the best to avoiding grinding and etc however will be very notchy during the cold in the morning, can anyone confirm this?

So light weight is the way to go then is it?

By the way mate how much did you buy per litre of ur redline for?

Edited by 10MinuteCar