SAU Community

Very Disappointing Dyno Results, Help!

lol at 180rwkw - 200rwkw on the factory ECU and stock turbo...

150rwkw is about the most you'll get with a factory ECU until you get something you can tweak

awww yea so i along with the miriad of other users on here who have made between 180rwkw - 200rwkw with a stock turbo and ecu but with more boost and the basic mods must have all been on happy dynos then?

Around 140 to 150 rwkw is about right for a standard R34GTT based on my experience, ie; around 50 t0 60 kw in losses through the drive train and rollers. Happy dynos show 160 to 165 rwkw. The power loss after a new cam belt is fitted is not unusual. The new belt puts the exhaust camshaft timing to where it should be. The old (stretched) belt allowed slightly retarded exhaust timing which gives a slight mid range power increase. Hence why an adjustable exhaust camshft pulley is a popular upgrade.

The exhaust should have added around 10 rwkw, so there may be an issue with it.

Cheers

Gary

next time it's on a dyno, do what SK normally suggests and drop the "cat back" exhaust (so it's only the front pipes and the cat left) and do a run. if that makes no difference drop the cat as well and do another run.

if still no change in power, then it is NOT any part of your exhaust.

So why am i getting 184kwrw with just cat back and 11psi boost? (stock turbo, stock ECU)

Maybe my dyno run was just inaccurate and is showing 34kw more than its supposed to.

awww yea so i along with the miriad of other users on here who have made between 180rwkw - 200rwkw with a stock turbo and ecu but with more boost and the basic mods must have all been on happy dynos then?

SK answers your "statements" below. Its not uncommon for a dyno operator to fudge results to make the "young fella that just got a skyline and put and exhaust, pod filter and BOV" get his wallet out faster when paying.

Around 140 to 150 rwkw is about right for a standard R34GTT based on my experience, ie; around 50 t0 60 kw in losses through the drive train and rollers. Happy dynos show 160 to 165 rwkw. The power loss after a new cam belt is fitted is not unusual. The new belt puts the exhaust camshaft timing to where it should be. The old (stretched) belt allowed slightly retarded exhaust timing which gives a slight mid range power increase. Hence why an adjustable exhaust camshft pulley is a popular upgrade.

Cheers

Gary

And I can backup what SK says because I have been there, and done that, and a few times the hard way.

You need to get a better understanding of how the RB25 works, based on ECU shorfalls, and turbo limits before you think "that it will just make xxx power" with a couple of mods, and not taking into account that there are some systems in the car (eg. ecu), no matter how big and better the other systems are (eg. exhaust filter, etc) the weaker system will hold EVERYTHING back.

Edited by The Mafia

Explain the ridiculous power "RB2530" is making.. using stock ecu

also stock injectors, and stock AFM.

I'll admit it's not ideal, but he makes over 250rwkw using those stock items

I'll see if I can find his post

Edited by GTST

Explain the ridiculous power "RB2530" is making.. using stock ecu

also stock injectors, and stock AFM.

I'll admit it's not ideal, but he makes over 250rwkw using those stock items

I'll see if I can find his post

BUt hasn't he tricked the ECU to staying off limp miode and a few other things?

i think we should all be quiet... The Mafia makes 300+ so we all must be in the wrong...

You defiantely should be quiet - I made 210rwkw on the stock turbo and a Powerfc for overa year, and was just a niave as most people here, coming in and claiming "250rwkw" or whatever just on a exhaust and filter, using the factory ECU.

I learnt, and understood how the systems work, and their limitations. I know most of these, hence why I know how to pick the dodgy dynos etc.

Sydneykid knows his stuff, more than you'll ever know, and I'm agreeing with him.

Yes and no.

yes he has tuned around the AFM cut and rich and retard etc etc.

but no. not using any sort of tuning.

he has massive fuel pressure, and his boost ramp is not ideal but due to that he gets around the r&r type issues.

I'm sure he'll chime in here..

I couldn't find his dyno thread that him and Guilt-toy made..

guys ... I'm not saying I should be getting 300rwkw. I just haven't seen a single other R34 GTT owner who has posted as low a power figure as 145 after a dyno. Maybe they're all suffering in silence?

Anyway, don't forget that I FEEL less power from the car than I did before the timing belt ... I've been outrun (not racing on purpose, just as a coincidence of traffic congestion) by everything from an audi v6 to a toyota yarris. The car just doesn't seem to have that 'oomph' anymore when the turbo starts spooling up. And the dyno results just seem to back that up.

• Like 1

guys ... I'm not saying I should be getting 300rwkw. I just haven't seen a single other R34 GTT owner who has posted as low a power figure as 145 after a dyno. Maybe they're all suffering in silence?

Anyway, don't forget that I FEEL less power from the car than I did before the timing belt ... I've been outrun (not racing on purpose, just as a coincidence of traffic congestion) by everything from an audi v6 to a toyota yarris. The car just doesn't seem to have that 'oomph' anymore when the turbo starts spooling up. And the dyno results just seem to back that up.

My 34GTT with just a cat-back got dynoed at 209 HP. Then I put on a FMIC and pod and started to run as rich as buggery and lost power... well I got hit with the dreaded RB25 flat-spot. For me, it was like what Mafia was talking about earlier - R&R on the standard ECU.

Cheers

Gary

You defiantely should be quiet - I made 210rwkw on the stock turbo and a Powerfc for overa year, and was just a niave as most people here, coming in and claiming "250rwkw" or whatever just on a exhaust and filter, using the factory ECU.

I learnt, and understood how the systems work, and their limitations. I know most of these, hence why I know how to pick the dodgy dynos etc.

Sydneykid knows his stuff, more than you'll ever know, and I'm agreeing with him.

Yup you definitely seem to be in the know. SK stated 140-150 rwkw from a stadard 34 with a 10kw increase with just a zorst. Now, in all your inifinite wisdom as the leading authority on what is possible for the rb25det, you should be able to work out that between 170+is not out of the quest given extra boost. If not, i suggest you might want to pull your head out of your ass.

Thanks

Edited by Bo0oSt

Mine pulled 161rwkw on around 10-11 psi with a pod and cat back. Compliance cat and standard dump, front.

Got a strip near? run it down the track and see what MPH your getting. thats a good indication.

Again for reference, with my 161rwkw my car pulls 97ish mph, so i think its around what it it should be when hauling 1450+kg down the track

have u checked all ur plugs and vacuum hoses to make sure none are leaking??

maybe even just check fuel system??

but 145rwkw on 25 neo is low

i kno mine isnt a 34, its a 32 but i got turbo back exhuast and pod and made 167rwkw on 3 different dynos give or take like 1 or 2 kw's.

put a pod on. heat sheild it and see wat happens.

also get rid of the x-force cat, (THEY SHYT)

and listen to the big mr mafia lol he knows all hahahahaha (thinks) :thumbsup:

To me, it just doesn't sound right. I know sydneykid knows his stuff and everything, but i have the stockest 32gtst ever and i made 128.9rwkw on 11lbs boost. that was with the factory airbox, exh, smic and over 100000kms on an rb20... i would post my dynograph, but my scanner is chucking a spaz... wouldn't a factory 25 make quite a bit more than that? as for you feeling like its slower, thats just you're getting used to having power. happens to all of us...

have u checked all ur plugs and vacuum hoses to make sure none are leaking??

maybe even just check fuel system??

but 145rwkw on 25 neo is low

i kno mine isnt a 34, its a 32 but i got turbo back exhuast and pod and made 167rwkw on 3 different dynos give or take like 1 or 2 kw's.

put a pod on. heat sheild it and see wat happens.

also get rid of the x-force cat, (THEY SHYT)

and listen to the big mr mafia lol he knows all hahahahaha (thinks) :teehee:

An exhaust and pod has you eclipsing your standard engine Kw's at the wheels? Wow, Hammertime

lol at 180rwkw - 200rwkw on the factory ECU and stock turbo...

150rwkw is about the most you'll get with a factory ECU until you get something you can tweak

This is pretty much on the money as far as R33 and R34 go.. My ECU was struggling by about ~160.. stock turbo holding for the moment..

Just wait til you have 200+ rwkw and the R34 cant hold boost.. :geek:

FYI.. i am running 202.9rwkw with intake, exhaust, boost controller, PFC, splitfires.

Tuned at RE Customs (for dyno results comparison)

That is all.. :teehee: