SAU Community

Eoi: Girls Only Drift Day

option1

Hey all,

We are considering holding a girls only drift day at Archerfield to give an oppurtunity for girls to learn drifting without the intimidating males watching! lol It will be held on the long weekend in June on the Monday (public holiday - will confirm dates and inform you) There will be advanced drifters there to help out and give advice as well as guys there to help out with all the car stuff us girls might not know! At the moment, we are just taking names and numbers of people that are interested and want to do it so that we can get a rough idea on how many will be attending so that we can cater for them! It won't be too expensive and it will be from about 12pm-4pm with arrival allowed earlier to give a chance to set up! Please, get involved! We are now taking pre-entries on the Option1Garage website to get details of interested drivers and numbers - http://www.option1garage.com.au/ArcherfieldDrift.htm (Just put "Girl's Day" in event day and date.) If you have been wanting to learn to drift but have never had the chance.. this is it! For more information, please call me at Option1 on 3268 1113.

Emma.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, i've never done it before but wouldn't mind giving it a go when the sil80 is up and running. I'd be in for one, but I wouldn't be able to commit for about a month or so, no guarantees as to when the car will be finished ;) I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting a bunch of lassies together. Make sure you post it on Drivn by Heels too :bunny:

Anna xo

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, i've never done it before but wouldn't mind giving it a go when the sil80 is up and running. I'd be in for one, but I wouldn't be able to commit for about a month or so, no guarantees as to when the car will be finished :) I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting a bunch of lassies together. Make sure you post it on Drivn by Heels too :D

Anna xo

Hey Anna,

Yes I'm putting this event on Drivn by Heels as soon as I get my account activated :P It will be on the Monday 9th June (still to be confirmed) - I hope you can make it. Please pass the word around as if we don't get the minimum number of ladies (20) out there we aren't going to run it :woot:

Emma.

id definately be interested depending on costs of course

Hey,

Good to hear! If you pre-enter on the website so we have all your contact details etc. that would be great. It won't be as expensive as a QR event but I can't confirm a price just yet as we do need a few more people pre-entered!

Thanks,

Emma.

Kk guys, we have got enough cars now to say that the day will definately be going ahead :woot: I will be putting together an email shortly with more information on the event including costs, times, etc. There have also been a few sponsors offering their support so there will be a couple of prizes to be won :)

Ok, more info:

Every driver is allowed to bring 2 spectators only. No other persons will be allowed to enter. This will keep the number of spectators low so the day can be focussed purely on driver training.

Cost - $80 inc. driver training from our experienced instructors (Includes 2 spectators)

11:00am - Gates will open for driver set up and preparation.

11:30am - Driver's briefing aand instructor introduction.

12:00pm - Track will be open for practice.

4:00pm - Track will close.

4:15pm - Presentation of prizes.

Please bring:

Helmet

Spare tyres

Appropriate footwear and clothing

Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions you may have - Option1Garage 3268 1113.

Pre-entry and pre-payment is essential, please see our website for account details (Contact Us section). www.option1garage.com.au

Thanks,

Emma.

Edited by option1

so what date is this exactly?

and when is last date for pre-registration?

It is on Monday 9th June - Queen's Birthday Public Holiday

The last pre-registration will be taken at lunch time on Saturday 7th June! To guarantee your spot on the day, we are taking pre-payments now also so that on the day we won't have to worry about any of the paperwork/money, just straight onto the track! :wave: