SAU Community

34 Gtr Turbo's For A 32 Gtr

I have just bought 34 GTR turbo's for my 32 GTR. I am going to get them high flowed, steel turbines and possibly

back cut. I was looking at running about 20 psi and hoping to get around 250-300kw. I was looking at replacing

the standard intercooler piping with stainless items and silicone hoses. Can I still use the facory intercooler,

computer, fuel system? I am looking at buying cam gears, BOV's, twin plate clutch (when the factory one dies),

and short shift kit. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

yes to all of your questions. but for the cost of buying R34 turbos and then having them highflowed etc you would have possibly been better off just buying R34 N1 turbos which have larger housings too. there is no problem in using your standard intercooler with the new hard pipe kit and it will be fine for 300rwkw. cam gears are a great idea and I would also consider a Power FC too.

Hey Richard,

Thanks for the info. I've heard good and bad things about power FC's. Is it possible to piggy back the

standard computer without the expense of a power fc? Also, are you able to machine the housing's of the

standard 34 turbo's to the same size as the N1's?

Hey Richard,

Thanks for the info. I've heard good and bad things about power FC's. Is it possible to piggy back the

standard computer without the expense of a power fc? Also, are you able to machine the housing's of the

standard 34 turbo's to the same size as the N1's?

Search for NIStune, it is a realtime tunable board for the stock ecu, quite reasonable in the face of power fcs etc.

IMHO, it will be easier/cheaper to buy N1s/GTSS or equiv. and sell the 34R turbos, than muck around high flowing them.

That said they are not that bad turbos, i've got a set on my 32R