SAU Community

How Often Do You Drive Your Car?

Haysey

Kms per week  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My R33 is my daily car (only car). Gets driven pretty much everyday, has done close to 5000 km since I bought it last Dec.

I use around 3/4 a tank a week. & thats 95% "normal" driving :P

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyday. i could drive the lancer or the ute.. but i dont want to.

but since petrol prices are predicted to hit $2, i think i might start using the lancer!

Looked down at the tripometer this evening while up at the coast, and I happen to look exactly when it was on 888.8

I thought it had shat itself and was putting out an error :P

But anyway, it's at like 950kms now, pretty much empty, but that may well be two tanks of petrol, I'm not sure if I pushed the button right... last monday...

:D

Use to drive the skyline everyday. Now that i have a second car,the skyline has been off the road for about 6 months.Will be a weekend car and will use for club days,sprints things like that.

I used to drive my skyline daily when I lived with my parents out west. (work at the city)

I live about 20mins from the city now, so good bye to peak hour, sydney drivers & skyline petrol prices!.. now at 1.60+ for premium!.. Soon to be 2.00!

Catch the train to & from work now, weekends - I drive my cousins cars, or I get picked up.

My car is up for sale as I don't drive it.

I get to sleep in too!

• 1 month later...

My BA Falcon, daily driver...does less then 4km daily :P

My R34 gets driven on weekend only (if I am lucky enough). Had it for just over 2years, first owner in aust and I've done less then 4000km. (atm its sitting just under 57000km)

i have not drove my R32 for over a month now, i only drive my shitbox to work and back which is about 20 to 30kmh there and back and when petrol is near on $2 a liter my skizza loves the fuel alot full tank wont get me over 300kmh;(

well my r34 use to be my daily driver until my license was suspended because of fkn nightshift the other night :P

but i would average 300-400kms each week

i drive my baby every single day from going to the shops to going to work to going on a cruise just for the hell of it to roasting marsh mellows from the flames and heat from the exhaust lol........... i love it and i know its expensive to run compared to a kia rio... one thing allot of people dont know is a car with a small engine and isnt maintained well or gets thrashed because your used to a skyline tends to eat asmuch petrol as the skyline..... trust me my last car was a 2001 rio....... anyway im 21, got no one dependent on me and no mortgage at the moment so might aswell savour the moment while petrol is still at a reasonable price compared to where it will be in 5 years time and drive my car as much as i can..... and since im on p's and i love driving the line my liver has had a break since i drink less due to wanting to drive now days so the skyline is good for my health and well being...

• 2 weeks later...

my line is now a low km daily driver, if you asked me 3 months ago would of been high kms.... generally 600km's a week min.

Now im lucky of sorts - about 200km's a week work is like 5km return lol.

well i switch between my cars sometimes its the skyline and sometimes i use the leganza when its available as that is like the "family car" and everyone shares the leganza but i only have to drive two minutes to work everyday...