SAU Community

Stopped Doing 263kph

Timeb0mb

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote

Not true. If you are young you have a good chance of being 'randomly' pulled over. If you drive a 'hoon' type car then your chances are probably tripled. I used to get pulled over heaps when I was younger in my v8 days. In 4.5 years of owning the Skyline I can only think of 3 times. Well justified on at least 2 of those occasions and possibly on the 3rd.

Damn straight, 18 and a V8 you get to know a lot of cops pretty darn well. lol at the horrendously loud HQ prem I had. In 5 years of Skyline ownership from 24 onwards, perhaps I've been lucky, 1 RBT. :bunny:

I will be very surprised if he does a single days jail over this one.

Nevertheless, its a criminal charge! and a criminal record will make a big impact on future career applications as its a yes/no question NOT "how did you get it? if its just speeding i guess ur not that bad sorta thing" :)

Hayseys insider word...

I heard the 200 was fitted with a twin turbo motor from a bigger awd brother, and that the speed was clocked on an open stretch of road, the coppas caught up to the suspect later down the road when they resumed a more normal speed....

That is all

On a side note. I was at wakefield today and had to get petrol for the drive home as did a mates white s13 that was being driven by another mate who happened to be from rouse hill.

We were pulled into an rbt near the mobil.

The front bar on my mates car was cable tied.

amusing hyjinx followed....though ultimately the police understood it was a different car after checking the plates.

Nevertheless, its a criminal charge! and a criminal record will make a big impact on future career applications as its a yes/no question NOT "how did you get it? if its just speeding i guess ur not that bad sorta thing" :(

I don't know for sure what they will/have charged him with but just speeding does not give you a criminal record. and it's a hell of a lot better than charged like evade police, neg driving, dangerous driving and the myriad of other charges that can result from a car chase.

also, most places that will check your criminal record will inquire about the nature of the offence and it does make a big difference what that record is for.

I don't know for sure what they will/have charged him with but just speeding does not give you a criminal record. and it's a hell of a lot better than charged like evade police, neg driving, dangerous driving and the myriad of other charges that can result from a car chase.

also, most places that will check your criminal record will inquire about the nature of the offence and it does make a big difference what that record is for.

Well he most likely will get charged at that speed, and "charge" means you will have a record on your profile. In my experience of applying for jobs and also from my friends experience in applying for uni graduate jobs, the application form asks whether you have been charged for anything or have been taken to court. Now the paper ive read didn't have any space for explanation besides the Yes/No question. Probably is different for every job. :D

Edited by R33Turbo

Well he most likely will get charged at that speed, and "charge" means you will have a record on your profile. In my experience of applying for jobs and also from my friends experience in applying for uni graduate jobs, the application form asks whether you have been charged for anything or have been taken to court. Now the paper ive read didn't have any space for explanation besides the Yes/No question. Probably is different for every job. :)

You shouldn't be saying that you get charged for that since speeding is not a criminal offence, it is a traffic offence.

I'm sure you don't like to hear about runners killing themselves because they don't stop speeding because they think they will get a criminal record if they stop.

The idea is to have them slow down not speed up when they see the police.

Tell me you have never broken the law, eg. jaywalking, or gone swimming at the beach which as far as I know is still against the law in daytime. Picked up a dollar coin on the street and not handed it in.

This fellow sounds like he was speeding on a freeway (high speed road) and stopped when he saw the police. He made a sensible choice, stop advocating stupidity in your ignorance.

He considered the conditions safe, there are no pedestrians on a freeway; but in hindsight realised he made a mistake, and the police were there to remind him.

More than 90% of people commit a crime in their lives. Never forget they are people and the fact that they are part of society; else you are being hippocritical.

i saw a white 200sx that day at wakefeild and iam sure he had drift tyres (saw his car jacked up changing rims) in the boot and he got kicked off the track for drifiting a few times, had the plates REAPER or along the lines of it, had a really dirty back end from exhasut fumes.

i saw a white 200sx that day at wakefeild and iam sure he had drift tyres (saw his car jacked up changing rims) in the boot and he got kicked off the track for drifiting a few times, had the plates REAPER or along the lines of it, had a really dirty back end from exhasut fumes.

thats nice, want a medal?

well i know for a fact that this car ^^ has an rb26 in it

You shouldn't be saying that you get charged for that since speeding is not a criminal offence, it is a traffic offence.

I'm sure you don't like to hear about runners killing themselves because they don't stop speeding because they think they will get a criminal record if they stop.

The idea is to have them slow down not speed up when they see the police.

Tell me you have never broken the law, eg. jaywalking, or gone swimming at the beach which as far as I know is still against the law in daytime. Picked up a dollar coin on the street and not handed it in.

This fellow sounds like he was speeding on a freeway (high speed road) and stopped when he saw the police. He made a sensible choice, stop advocating stupidity in your ignorance.

He did not make a sensible choice. He simply decided not to compound his stupidity with even more of the same.

The reason this sort of stuff is treated so seriously is because it can and does kill people. Something that picking up small change from the pavement is unlikely to do.

He considered the conditions safe, there are no pedestrians on a freeway; but in hindsight realised he made a mistake, and the police were there to remind him.

More than 90% of people commit a crime in their lives. Never forget they are people and the fact that they are part of society; else you are being hippocritical.

There are no conditions on a freeway or any other public road where it is safe to do 263km/h when other road users are doing 100 or less. The closing speeds are frightening. You only need someone to change lanes infront of you (What you don't check your mirrors for people 100 metres away?) for things to end up in the mother of all accidents. Now I say accident, but it isn't really, is it? More of an inevitable consequence of recklessnes & stupidity.

I cannot believe anyone is defending this idiot. :P