SAU Community

Cost to run your skyline each week

Guest outlawskyline

Its all worth it, not to mention if u have a missus in the passenger side!!!!, I am selling my modded 89 r31 series 3 skyline if u r interested.

I have no idea why, but even though I commute on my motorcycle and my car is usually a weekend driver only, I still managed to do more km in the car than on the bike last year.

I did about 15000km last year in the car, so that's 4 services since I got it (at 0km, 5000km, 10000km, 15000km) @$70 a service or so (oil and filter, done by me) = $280. $35 on brake fluid, $150 on brake pads, $10 on clutch fluid, $20 on diff oil, $100 on gearbox oil, $100 on new plugs, $140 on fixing the wastegate, $3900 on insurance (last year's plus this year's renewals), roughly 40 refills at around $50 a tank = $2000 on petrol, $600 on rego.

So that's over $7000 just on maintenance and ongoing costs, and I've probably forgotten a lot of stuff. And I'm sure I've spent a similar amount on mods and stuff (respray after being rear-ended, S-AFC plus tuning, bigger intercooler, new plenum, etc). And then there's the motorcycle which chews up over a grand's worth of tyres in 1 year, plus rego, insurance, servicing, etc.

I used to wonder how my housemate who is a uni student managed to save $5000 in a year (he uses public transport only) whereas I have saved zilch even though I'm on a semi-decent wage. Looking at the above I'm now surprised that I manage to afford to live. Oh well, the bike and car are my passion and it's only money :D

my R31 cost me next to nothing to run for the first year while it was stock and i didn't drive it hard.

now i am modding it , it's costing me all my money and more.

i go to uni 5 days a week and also work. i am searching for a second job to stop me from going broke.

which will leave me with no life other than working for my car.