SAU Community

Blow Off Valve

I have a GFB stealth BOV to fit to my R32 and was wondering if anyone knew for certain if its legal in SA since it can be changed from plumbback to vent...? Got pulled up tonight and passed but was wondering if I'd be so lucky if I had this fitted...

it's not legal ANYWHERE!!!!

unless it's the factory item, they will find a way to defect you or cause you hassle to go get it tested etc.

unfortunately his right, but the design of the stealth BOV is so that its harder for cops to defect you.........well its supposed to anyway.

you can argue that its plumbed back......alot of cops will think its okai but ull pump into the odd few who will put up a fight.

Like the other fellas have said... BOV's are 100% illegal unless stock from the factory... but you will notice that most stock turbo cars will have recirculated or plumb back BOV's... I just couldn't resis the Ssshhhtttt sound so I took a chance... got defected 3 times for it... but I had to push on as the let of sound is too addictive... up to you...

if it is one of the dual ones which you can change from plumb back to ATMO

you can just say look see this hose it goes back in

Fartyboy73 i think you've been made fun of more than helped :thumbsup:

I say stock BOV FTW, and plumb back FTW. Otherwise you need to consider how you'll hide an ATMO. I reckon it's pointless, as is the retarded PPSSSSHHHHTTt LOOOOkattT meemeeeeee!!11!!!1!

the stealth GFB bov is a 2 way bov. you can turn the thing to be either full plumb back (which is legal) or full atmo.

1008_image_01.gif

problem is if a popo looks at the bov and sees a venting trumpet. theres not much u can do to convince him its plumbed back.

• 4 months later...

vented BOV's are illegal

but what is the point it sound cool

well it is that sound that gives it away to the cops

"o it gives you more performance?" no it doesn't

post-55544-1222928830_thumb.jpg

i wooden mind being done by these cops

:rofl::)

just stay standard unless your putting allot more psi into the thing..... they rated for 16psi of memory, anyway its somewhere around that mark... My r33 has a nice sneezing sound (CHHHHHOOOOOOO), I like it, also when i'm driving near a cop just let go of the accelerator slowly half a second before you push the clutch, no sound from the bov = less cop attention (or in the GTA or scarface game world less heat)