SAU Community

35gtr Vs Civic Type R

Sori guys the inside story abt this race:

Qte

1st 2 runs:The GTR let the Civic start first and was way out of his power band at 2000+rpm 2nd gear and still lost by only 1/2 car length. If they had both started in 1st gear or 2nd gear in the GTR's powerband, the GTR would have won by a HUGE distance, hence they raced under such conditions.

3rd run: The GTR tried starting in 1st gear but revs were too high and he hit the rev limiter instantly while the Civic just pulled away. He tried to catch the Civic but gave up after 3rd gear.

Facts:

Civic never ran 2.0 bar of boost, was running 1.6 bar all the way.

The GTR was on STOCK ECU but de-limited with Mine's exhaust. It for sure did not have the Mine's ECU if not would have probably won

Unqte

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sori guys the inside story abt this race:

Qte

1st 2 runs:The GTR let the Civic start first and was way out of his power band at 2000+rpm 2nd gear and still lost by only 1/2 car length. If they had both started in 1st gear or 2nd gear in the GTR's powerband, the GTR would have won by a HUGE distance, hence they raced under such conditions.

3rd run: The GTR tried starting in 1st gear but revs were too high and he hit the rev limiter instantly while the Civic just pulled away. He tried to catch the Civic but gave up after 3rd gear.

Facts:

Civic never ran 2.0 bar of boost, was running 1.6 bar all the way.

The GTR was on STOCK ECU but de-limited with Mine's exhaust. It for sure did not have the Mine's ECU if not would have probably won

Unqte

That makes absolutely no sense to me at all... your English i mean.

And LOL at Dan and his apples/./.

HiPower's CRX is non-turbo and has made an impressive go at circuit times of late. I think it holds the lap record at QR!?!

There's more than one way to skin a cat (or an apple!). But every way has its merits!

thats nice.. about ur honda and its time.. it doesnt mean anything.. does any honda lap as fast as the mines gtr around the tsukuba circuit?? whats that??? they dont?? oh damn :P

what about the nurburgring?? not there either??? shit.. what happened to all those awesome handling hondas out there???

i love hondas.. i use to track one :) fkn quick!! but id be dreamin if i thought i could lap the ring in 7mins 29secs... or the tsukuba in 57secs.... dream on guys

that civic owned that GTR in a straight line. HONDA WON. GTR LOST. get over it guys.. that civic is a weapon dispite that bullshit "inside story" it got owned. simple as that. 3rd time im sayin this.. PROPS to the civic owner and tuner!

qte and unqte meaning what?

Edit: Ohh quote, unquote

Btw, where did you get that info?

Edited by Yawn

Err, the GTR has launch control and an auto gearbox..

Nothing against the civic as its a bullet car but lets think about the run itself...The civic must have been running drag slicks or it was a roll on race from some speed...No way in the world is a front drive car going to squeeze 580 horsepower through street tyres to the road in 1st or 2nd gear without violent wheelspin and torque steering...Hell I think it would have still kept the tyres ablaze in 3rd gear also....Fast car no doubt.....

My 2nd point...Why come onto a skyline forum and start boasting the Hondas ? sure they are great cars but I wouldnt be jumping onto a Honda forum waving the Skyline flag...my 2 cents

I was thinking about your first point too. And it does make sense but does not detract anything from the Civic.

Theres no point everyone going on about laptimes etc as im sure no one's going to think any less of the GTR regardless so in the end the point is moot. That Honda is a very fast car for what it is and end of story as far as I see it. So lets just look at this objectively and just watch the video without taking anything too seriously. Its not that the video maker was putting the GTR down or bragging about how his fullsik 1.6L 4 potter beat a 3.8L twin turbocharged supercar. He just wanted to show what his Civic could do and he picked a fast car to compare to which just happened to be a GTR.

I have no idea why everyone is getting so defensive :thumbsup:

And to the 2nd point above, its not as though the OP was all vtek4lyf, he probably just wanted to share a video which offered some entertainment value. I for one enjoyed the video, so much appreciated to the OP. Posting something does not automatically mean he is a diehard fan of what was posted.

Edited by Yawn

Sorry not in my own words hence the 'qte' and 'unqte'......

Even if you cut and paste, it still doesnt make any sense to me, lol.

that was no suprise as i knew the civic with that many mods was going to win.

if we turned it the other way a stock type R vs a r34 nur spec which would win?????

i would like to see them on the freeway and see who wins...

thats nice.. about ur honda and its time.. it doesnt mean anything.. does any honda lap as fast as the mines gtr around the tsukuba circuit?? whats that??? they dont?? oh damn :thumbsup:

what about the nurburgring?? not there either??? shit.. what happened to all those awesome handling hondas out there???

i love hondas.. i use to track one :( fkn quick!! but id be dreamin if i thought i could lap the ring in 7mins 29secs... or the tsukuba in 57secs.... dream on guys

that civic owned that GTR in a straight line. HONDA WON. GTR LOST. get over it guys.. that civic is a weapon dispite that bullshit "inside story" it got owned. simple as that. 3rd time im sayin this.. PROPS to the civic owner and tuner!

ASM Honda s2000 laps in just under 57.4 - that's not bad, considering it's definitely not as friendly to the rwd cars. There's been some fairly competitive NSXs over the years too. In fact, although it's miles away from a street car, the arta NSX laps in 51.8...

Fun video to watch but kinda stupid at end of the day

Civic is basically an engine on wheels, coulda been a modded up vectra or any other fwd car at end of the day. Car would still drive like sh1t.

Civic was a decent car 10yrs ago but its pretty much rubbish now compared to modern hot hatches like renault clio sport or megane 225.

I was thinking about your first point too. And it does make sense but does not detract anything from the Civic.

Theres no point everyone going on about laptimes etc as im sure no one's going to think any less of the GTR regardless so in the end the point is moot. That Honda is a very fast car for what it is and end of story as far as I see it. So lets just look at this objectively and just watch the video without taking anything too seriously. Its not that the video maker was putting the GTR down or bragging about how his fullsik 1.6L 4 potter beat a 3.8L twin turbocharged supercar. He just wanted to show what his Civic could do and he picked a fast car to compare to which just happened to be a GTR.

I have no idea why everyone is getting so defensive :thumbsup:

And to the 2nd point above, its not as though the OP was all vtek4lyf, he probably just wanted to share a video which offered some entertainment value. I for one enjoyed the video, so much appreciated to the OP. Posting something does not automatically mean he is a diehard fan of what was posted.

Precisely. My point of this post was just to share the vid, nothing more than that. At the end of the day, we all know which car retains its value or worth more. The 35GTR's going for something like 300SGD and 34GTRs are still around 190k SGD mark even after 8yrs? This shows a lot about the car.

I personally love the GTR and due to some stupid loan condition i couldnt get it last yr (sorry to trouble so many people here during that period). And I still am a GTR wannabe now. I wish 2009 would come faster.

Cheers

ASM Honda s2000 laps in just under 57.4 - that's not bad, considering it's definitely not as friendly to the rwd cars. There's been some fairly competitive NSXs over the years too. In fact, although it's miles away from a street car, the arta NSX laps in 51.8...

that nsx is nothing like a road nsx.. just like the gtr is nothing like a road gtr.. not even close.

as for that other honda.. theres only 2 cars quicker than the mines gtr.. a evo something and an rx7.. last time i checked (like couple years ago lol) and that ASM honda s2k is so far from a street car.. the mines gtr still uses stock airboxes and has an a/c and stereo :) oh not to mention street radials (semi slick street tyres) :) does the ASM?? nope....

Edit: i love the arta nsx.. favorite colour scheme (painted my rx7 same colour :D)

Edited by Bumblebee

FWD 4 cyl Honda drag cars are in the 7's, and the FWD record holder, as far as I'm aware, is quicker than the world's fastest GTR... (see times in above link) Not bad from 2.2L...

How much of the fwd honda is left? last I heard they were tube framed with massive slicks. The GTR has a full chassis and tyres that are not that much bigger than standard width.....

that nsx is nothing like a road nsx.. just like the gtr is nothing like a road gtr.. not even close.

as for that other honda.. theres only 2 cars quicker than the mines gtr.. a evo something and an rx7.. last time i checked (like couple years ago lol) and that ASM honda s2k is so far from a street car.. the mines gtr still uses stock airboxes and has an a/c and stereo :D oh not to mention street radials (semi slick street tyres) :) does the ASM?? nope....

Edit: i love the arta nsx.. favorite colour scheme (painted my rx7 same colour :banana:)

Having seen both cars in the flesh (as well as the arta nsx), neither are close to a 'street' car, AC or not.

R-magic time attack FD does it in 55.9:

r1.jpg

kobe06_5.jpg

clearly not a street car either :devil:

God and i thought i was passionate! I love GTR's just as much as anyone else out there and could talk non stop about them for a few years safely but i can still appreciate other cars... Seriously get over it. Quick little civ for sure. Oh and anyone who can't understand Docanq's post must be illiterate. Have some respect.

Deren