SAU Community

35gtr Vs Civic Type R

How much of the fwd honda is left? last I heard they were tube framed with massive slicks. The GTR has a full chassis and tyres that are not that much bigger than standard width.....

very good point...As is the case with any of the front drive drag cars in that category be it honda or chevrolet..They have more in common with a remote control car than a streetcar...just a fibreglass shell over a tube chassis..Engine has been moved forward for weight transfer and even angled forward for weight transfer reasons.Wheelybars are set with positive lift tension on them.Anything and everything has been moved over the front wheels...Tub style front end with huge slicks...and the back of the car is sheet aluminium underneath with skinny wheels on the back...you could probable lift the whole back of the car bare handed...all that coupled with a very impressive 4 banger making ridiculous horsepower

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

errr how is the mines gtr not a street car???

retains FULL interior, has every luxury the car came out with and street tyres..

that sounds alot like EVERY other skyline out there.. cept, it has Factory AIRBOXES. its more street than most of our cars!.. how many of us actually have a factory airbox???

The mines gtr is the kind of car, u could go to the EPA with and probably pass!.. stock brakes with uprated pads... wheels within spec of stock. exhaust that isnt that loud... system, a/c, p/s, abs... hows it not street? That FD isnt street.. and i did say that there are atleast 2 cars that i know of faster than the Mines GTR... an rx7.. and a evo.. the HKS evo if im not mistaken :D

Edited by Bumblebee

errr how is the mines gtr not a street car???

it has no cage.. retains FULL interior, has every luxury the car came out with and street tyres..

that sounds alot like EVERY other skyline out there.. cept, it has Factory AIRBOXES. its more street than most of our cars!.. how many of us actually have a factory airbox???

The mines gtr is the kind of car, u could go to the EPA with and probably pass!.. stock brakes with uprated pads... wheels within spec of stock. exhaust that isnt that loud... system, a/c, p/s, abs... hows it not street? That FD isnt street.. and i did say that there are atleast 2 cars that i know of faster than the Mines GTR... an rx7.. and a evo.. the HKS evo if im not mistaken :D

You're going to have to show me a link to the Tsukuba Mine's time-attack car, because the car I saw definitely didn't have stock brakes or street tyres (which would put it in another class, which, as far as I know, would struggle to get under 1min). Not trying to start a shitfight, just rationalising what I've actually seen at TAS and OAM (which doesn't necessarily = what happens on the track).

BTW - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukuba_Circuit

ok :D extract from some magazine

The suspension component of the GT-R is addressed in the same spirit of the motor-near track-worthy performance in streetable form. A three-way Mine's Force Full Spec suspension with stiff 12.5k (front and rear) springs ensures the Bridgestone Potenza RE55S SR2-wrapped 18-inch Magnesium Evolution II (built by BBS) wheels maximize their contact with the asphalt. The Mine's front and rear stabilizers fight chassis flex during turning and the AP big brakes (six-pot front; four-pot rear) paired with Mine's PFC pads flex up the frictional force.

hmmm potenza RE55S... those r like ultimate street tyres.. sure they'll last like 2000km, but theyre street tyres nontheless :( no full slicks here :)

my bad on the brakes thou.. i coulda swore that on the Mines interview he said stock brakes with uprated pads.. oh wellz

everything else still stands :blink: Its more legal than my car, and about a million times faster around a track :wave:

You're going to have to show me a link to the Tsukuba Mine's time-attack car, because the car I saw definitely didn't have stock brakes or street tyres (which would put it in another class, which, as far as I know, would struggle to get under 1min). Not trying to start a shitfight, just rationalising what I've actually seen at TAS and OAM (which doesn't necessarily = what happens on the track).

BTW - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukuba_Circuit

Brian youre making sense but seriously, you waded into a slapfest that has no winners.

*grabs Brian by the shirt*

"Im draggin' you out of this one mate...theres no survivors here...cmon, lets man the Fonz's"

You realize that the Civic has to be a 'fully-built' lower end and it has to be run on race gas > 98 - 100 octane at those boost levels. It is a grenade waiting to happen.

This is a couple quotes from JSpeed on the GTROC (British GT-R forum) on the race; he was there (in Singapore).

1st 2 runs:The GTR let the Civic start first and was way out of his power band at 2000+rpm 2nd gear and still lost by only 1/2 car length. If they had both started in 1st gear or 2nd gear in the GTR's powerband, the GTR would have won by a HUGE distance, hence they raced under such conditions.

3rd run: The GTR tried starting in 1st gear but revs were too high and he hit the rev limiter instantly while the Civic just pulled away. He tried to catch the Civic but gave up after 3rd gear.

Facts:

Civic never ran 2.0 bar of boost, was running 1.6 bar all the way.

The GTR was on STOCK ECU but de-limited with Mine's exhaust. It for sure did not have the Mine's ECU if not would have probably won

It was a friendly race to see how fast the Civic was after tuning. If they launched or even rolling started in 1st gear, the GTR would have won by bus lengths. However, I think the guy who put the video up has his own agenda or did not have the proper info

Theres alot of Ppl in the world that don't want the GTR to have this much credit and do gay video's like this!!!

Ok ok.... lets take a Japanese Rival company who competes against Nissan cause were always in there shadow when it comes to performance production cars, and like fully blow a car with all the fully sick turbo's and the sickest boost you can ever get! I'm talking boost of the rictor scale and make a video of it and show we took on this car with a shit load of money that we should of spent designing something that would out do it on the production line???

I wanna see a Honda Civic Vs a Bugatti Veyron!!! Something i could have a laugh at rather then see tossers bag out the GTR!

The evidence is the New GTR is a all rounder! Good Production Quarter Mile time, Good 0-100 Speed, handles Track really well! The list goes on........

Name other production cars with that value in $$$ in it's class!!!?????

Double thumbs up from me NISSAN!!!!

Theres alot of Ppl in the world that don't want the GTR to have this much credit and do gay video's like this!!!

Ok ok.... lets take a Japanese Rival company who competes against Nissan cause were always in there shadow when it comes to performance production cars, and like fully blow a car with all the fully sick turbo's and the sickest boost you can ever get! I'm talking boost of the rictor scale and make a video of it and show we took on this car with a shit load of money that we should of spent designing something that would out do it on the production line???

I wanna see a Honda Civic Vs a Bugatti Veyron!!! Something i could have a laugh at rather then see tossers bag out the GTR!

The evidence is the New GTR is a all rounder! Good Production Quarter Mile time, Good 0-100 Speed, handles Track really well! The list goes on........

Name other production cars with that value in $$$ in it's class!!!?????

Double thumbs up from me NISSAN!!!!

Rant much?

lol @ hand granade waiting to happen.

Does that mean that ever other engine putting out decent power is a hand granade waiting to happen? I think not! Since when is 98-100 octane fuel 'race fuel'?

Lame excuses from people trying to defend the GTR being beaten!

lol who the f**k cares? its a dedicated drag car good for one thing up against a factory car that is relatively comfortable with plenty of luxuries, is reliable, can do more than just going fast in a straight line, and most importantly is legal. let the honda boys have their victory, because in the end, its just a civic that can go fast in a straight line.

why is everyone defending the gtr???

it lost. stop makin excuses for it losing. who cares if its got luxuries. it lost

it got owned by a highly modded civic! farkkkk

Does that mean that ever other engine putting out decent power is a hand granade waiting to happen? I think not! Since when is 98-100 octane fuel 'race fuel'?

Didnt you see the > infront of the 98-100??? or you dont know what that symbol means?

give the civic some credits...

the owner wanted to beat a r35 gtr and he did.

at least he tried and he suceeded.

why dont you build a civic that beats the r35 gtr??

trying to bring some truth to the conditions of the race.

If you ever build a high boost engine with stock internals or even with a built lower end, you will start to realize what I am talking about regards the higher octane needed to run that Civic at those boost levels.

I have raced boosted Z06s in my 4 cylinder and beat them all day long. Am I going to say that it isn't a fully-built race engine with nitrous and water-methanol injection? No!

I was bringing to light the conditions of the race and the fact that the civic was highly modified and operating near the limits of the stock block. And it was given a head start. lol!

It's just a conversation. :)