SAU Community

35gtr Vs Civic Type R

who would have thought you could run 580 hp through the civic motor...

money cures everything

who would have thought that a 1.5L engine could make 1300hp on 100 octane fuel? (F1 cars)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha crazy. Unfortunately it's not a rare sight for me that a civic chops a gtr. Couple of my mates civics would chop my gtr no problem.

money cures everything

who would have thought that a 1.5L engine could make 1300hp on 100 octane fuel? (F1 cars)

Whoa, my bad..shit how could i forget that?

*slaps himself in the head*

Who could forget Berger with the 1300hp BMW handgrenades! Best F1 engine eva...over the course of 1 qualifying lap...:down:

Its America, who tunes GTRs over there? Are they tuneable yet? you cant even import the things.. Hands down to the money put into that civic tho.

Its Singapore. I saw 1 on the road when I went back for holiday in March this year. I heard from my friend its going for around 300k SGD which is works out to be roughly 240AUD

LOL @ Sore losers

GTR got destroyed in the end...wasnt even a contest..

To me I think its just a vid for fun. Its more like Mod vs Un-mod. The boost of the gtr wasnt brought up and that civic is like 0.5tonne lighter with same power. Not surprising for the win at all but the engine wouldnt last long...

Exactly...teh gtr can lose...lolz

Seriously...i agree it wasn't a fair race...but the close mindedness is shocking...

exactly. remember about 2 seconds ago when someone posted about the GTR Vs Z06 on the corvette forums and everyone is up in arms about how close minded the "yanks" are?

well take a look RIGHT here - the precious "unbeatable" GTR got chopped by a f*kn rice burning front wheel drive civic...which prolly has 2L and 4cyl and "Vtec Power"

who cares if its a fair race..the GTR got destroyed..deal with it...stop being so closeminded because a skyline got destroyed by a lil jap hatchback..

The question is not whether the comparison was fair or not... is it interesting??? Yes!

Does it give a little perspective??? Uhuh!

Does a heavy supercar killer like the GTR35 make some compromises for luxury and pride of ownership??? Yes, they all do, to a greater or lesser degree! Power divided by weight = speed! (roughly speaking)

Am I biased??? Uhuh, I love Hondas!

Should a diehard GTR lover appreciate the obtuse end of the automotive envelope? I think so!

Also, check this link out........ http://tunersource.gmblogs.com/Drag-Racing/gary-gardella

FWD 4 cyl Honda drag cars are in the 7's, and the FWD record holder, as far as I'm aware, is quicker than the world's fastest GTR... (see times in above link) Not bad from 2.2L...

Its Singapore. I saw 1 on the road when I went back for holiday in March this year. I heard from my friend its going for around 300k SGD which is works out to be roughly 240AUD

yeah i was gonna say that vid was from Singapore.

LOL at all the america haters who posted previously..

i hear that there is a thread on oz honda about the video too :blink:

Oh f**kin hell...we'll never hear the end of this one...

Kinda sad really..

" YEAH! GTR suxorz man! Got pwned by teh Vtech yo!! Civic for the TMFW, !!lty!!!11!"

who cares what it laps.. its a drag race.. thats it buddy. straight line only..

and our beloved gtr got owned.. im dealing with it.. why arent u???

props to the civic owner... well built machine

Oh f**kin hell...we'll never hear the end of this one...

Kinda sad really..

" YEAH! GTR suxorz man! Got pwned by teh Vtech yo!! Civic for the TMFW, !!lty!!!11!"

no not really, the thread was created by me, and then was deleted by a mod. Don't worry the Honda guys didnt say anything just wow :blink:

Edited by ev0luti0nzer0

who cares what it laps.. its a drag race.. thats it buddy. straight line only..

and our beloved gtr got owned.. im dealing with it.. why arent u???

props to the civic owner... well built machine

well said. agreed 100% htfu ppl.

lol why is people all serious about this, its only a video for fun.

because at the end of the day... more money = a faster car, its not about the cars itself, its how much your willing to dump into a car

Edited by Charles89

Pretty insane in all aspects.

Hey I'm not a Honda lover, but to say they used an R35 GTR as a benchmark, that is a sign of respect to us GTR worshippers anyway. So kudos to the tuner.

Put it this way, how do all the Porsche 911 Turbo owners feel when we buy a Nissan GTR and have bragging rights to setting a quicker time at Nurburgring???

Seriously grow up and cop it like mutherphucking men!

who cares if its a fair race..the GTR got destroyed..deal with it...stop being so closeminded because a skyline got destroyed by a lil jap hatchback..

I can't help it... I hate hatchbacks (except the subaru 1800, well thats more of a wagon) LOL :( .

I don't mind if its a Honda (or even hyundai... well maybe a little...) that pwned a GT-R... but why couldn't it be a sedan instead of a hatch.

Now if only someone could tune my Camry to pwn a R35, then I'm happy.

<h2 class="r">

</h2>