SAU Community

Tps Voltage

YCOPY

So...quick question...what are the volts suposed to be that are going to the TPS?

I have disonected the plug and have tested it to find the supply is 2.59v...i thought it should be 5v..

why ive tested it is that when i set the TPS to .04v my VCT is on...and thats on idle. it only kicks off if i adjust it back to 0.2.

any ideas??

R33 gtst -95 STD ECU Chipped

cheers,

Scotty

Edited by chippagti

When you check the TPS voltage you must have the plug connected to the TPS and the ignition ON (engine off). It should read 0.5v with the throttle closed and 4.5-5v with it fully open. Another thing to consider is there is a throttle switch built in which only senses if the throttle is open or closed. You need to adjust the TPS voltage as close to 0.5v closed but also make sure the throttle switch is reading closed. Kind of need to find a happy medium.

There are 2 sets of wires coming out of the TPS. One set has two wires, it is the throttle switch, you check this with an ohm meter. From memory it should read 0 ohms resistance when its closed and infinity when its anywhere else. The other set has 3 wires, they are for the TPS. 2 of the wires will give you your voltage.

Good luck,

Deren

When you check the TPS voltage you must have the plug connected to the TPS and the ignition ON (engine off). It should read 0.5v with the throttle closed and 4.5-5v with it fully open. Another thing to consider is there is a throttle switch built in which only senses if the throttle is open or closed. You need to adjust the TPS voltage as close to 0.5v closed but also make sure the throttle switch is reading closed. Kind of need to find a happy medium.

There are 2 sets of wires coming out of the TPS. One set has two wires, it is the throttle switch, you check this with an ohm meter. From memory it should read 0 ohms resistance when its closed and infinity when its anywhere else. The other set has 3 wires, they are for the TPS. 2 of the wires will give you your voltage.

Good luck,

Deren

Hi Deren

With the TPS pluged in and with it adjusted to 0.4 my VCT is on (Nissan Data Scan), it only clicks off if i adjust it back to 0.2. im sure VCT should not be on at this point.

My TPS only has one set of wires connected..3 wires to be exact. and i checked the two in there and thats where im getting the voltage reading from.

there are 2 plugs but yer only one has wires in it. (rb25det) s2 motor

Does the TPS have 3wires that consist of 1 x positive, 1 x negitive and 1 x signal to the ECU?

Something is going wrong for it to kick the vct on at idle.

Thanks,

Sc

Hey again, i was hoping it would be the same as the 32 TPS. You will need to get the factory specs for the 33 as they might be different to mine. Sorry i can't help more...

Thanks for your help deren,

but after geting my hands on a service manual and running more tests, ive found that to the TPS i have 10.2v on (yellow wire *power) 3.2v was 2.59v on (red wire *signal) and 0v - normal on (blue/black *earth).

Im going to test the loom tomorrow pin 38 on the ecu plug to see if the wire is faulty. Im reading in the manual that the voltage supply should be 5v. but i seem to be getting 10.2v.

So after all that im assuimng that the facotry specs for r33 are supply to tps 5v,tps on idel 0.4v, WOT 4-5v.

Will try more again tomorrow.