SAU Community

Brisbane - 780lbs Of Gym Dumbells For Sale

Hi Guys and Gals,

Wasn't sure whether to put this post here or in items for sale, but it does seem relevant to this area of the forum....so....

About 8 months ago I picked up some dumbells when a uni gym upgraded their stock to newer rubberised dumbells. I bought most of what they had, which includes pairs of the following; 1kg, 3kg, 4kg, 5kg, 7.5kg, 10kg, 12.5kg, 15kg (all of these are 'single piece casts up to this weight), 25kg, 27.5kg, 30kg, 37.5kg (these four pairs use 5kgs discs on either side, like conventional dumbells).

All up, this is 12 pairs of dumbells, for 356kg / 783lbs. This is a fair whack of weight for most people (not all I admit).

I compared this to a set on Ebay (admittely these are new, rubberised and come with a rack), but the set on Ebay was only 10 pairs of 605lbs total, asking price $1300. That's over $2 per lb.

My set is 12 pairs, totalling 783lbs, and I'm asking just under 60c per lb, at $450 the lot. It's not likely anyone in the Bris or GC area (or anywhere else for that matter) will find gym quality, properly incremented dumbells of this much weight for this price.

If interested, drop me a PM, and I can send photos (not much to look at). My reason for selling - moving to a new CBD apartment that has dumbells up to 45kg already, so these are 'surplus to requirements'. Items are located in CBD, and pick up essential. Unless you want to pay about $350 for freight.

Cheers,

Jez