SAU Community

Ecu Questions..

Ok here we go.. trying to do a bit of research on the ecu's.. am tossing up EMS, Power Fc, Haltech

ok now the power fc has 400 total fuel points and 400 ignition points for tuning.. now the EMS dual sport only has 48 and 48 points for tuning.. and the haltech has even more than power fc up to 704 points to be tuned..

now my question is .. how important are the amount of point available for tuning?? ive looked into the ems and its got some nifty features, eg NO AFM.. No more coil Packs data logging and tuning with laptop.

i really got no idea which direction to head with for this one.. also does anyone know if the new model power fc's do away with the AFM??

is there any reason you wan to get rid of the afm?

I would get a power fc cause the cops can tell if its aftermarket that way you have a much great chance of not being caught and if you are caught you can just wind down the boost and plug in the stockie.

the z32 afm will handel at least 250 rwkw and then you can step up to the q45 one.

cheers

meggala

megs, yeah i been through that site thats were my original data has been coming from..

i dont really know how important all those tuning points are or are thye just a wank?.. a couple ppl on sdu are saying go the haltech e6k..

though what u said about the power fc cop wise is a very good point.. and will most prob make me choose that option:(.. though that means ill still have mr afm :)

mario made 800 hp using afms so don't stress.

it can actually give you better resoution with the afm than using map sensors.

250 rwkw is very doable check out zapf's car on sdu he made 240 on stock internals and 14 psi. the key is getting a turbo bigenough and using a plenium if you get a plenium get the trust one I know more dollars but they are worth it. he is using a 3037 or 40 not sure

If you can find space in the budget get the n1 pstions from a gtr and lower the comp ratio abit and use good rod bolts the key is to make the power with out stressing the motor if you have to ring out using 20psi or more your motor wont last. and you must do injectors

cheers

meggala

yeah megs i was looking at a 3035 with 550cc injectors z32 and computer of some sort .. and maybe a metal headgasket to run a slightly lower compression.. that should get me the 250.. thats realisticly enough i believe.. traction is already a problem imagine what it will be with 250 at wheels..