SAU Community

Autosalon 08

Adz2332

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit me.

well its all the more reason for people to reach into there wallet asap!

i have a replacement 32 instead of nathan. think his on his 4th box of kleenex by now :( j.k.

some useful information i received via email today

Just a couple of points I want everyone to be aware of this year relating to entries being submitted:

1. Photo's are required. Please send via email and include your details.

2. All entrants including clubs MUST have flooring to be eligible for judging.

3. All entrants must be registered and in the show by 10:00pm when lockdown will occur and disqualifications may apply after this time.

4. No private competitor regardless of being in Pro or Expert Class is allowed to actively promote a business by way of printed material, regardless of what sponsorship deals they have. In order to promote a business, either the competitor on behalf of the business or the business itself, will have to reach a trade agreement with Auto Salon.

Just quietly Craig, it doesnt just double, it goes to about $250 ish per person instead of $80. That info is from the Autosalon application form

$250 :D f**k! For $80, I might be keen to enter the Stagea ... but not $250. What are the other 'hidden' extras?

4. No private competitor regardless of being in Pro or Expert Class is allowed to actively promote a business by way of printed material, regardless of what sponsorship deals they have. In order to promote a business, either the competitor on behalf of the business or the business itself, will have to reach a trade agreement with Auto Salon.

So those with (for example) a BoostWorx sticker on the back window are not allowed? Thats a bit harsh.

sulking id say.

he said '' you can find someone else for A.S, cos im out'' during that whole ''ban'' thingy

so i did. and guess what, IT LOOKS 10 X BETTER!

Figures :)

Edited by RubyRS4

So those with (for example) a BoostWorx sticker on the back window are not allowed? Thats a bit harsh.

Figures :D

it says printed material. so you could have said stickers on your car, but no business flyers

Edited by Matty 31

im sure they would be more understanding with ''tuned by'' stickers. well i hope so any way!

ruby, would be good to have the stag in there!

the only hidden costs will be flooring etc when devided by 7 of us = f**k all.

it says printed material. so you could have said stickers on your car, but no business flyers

if it was specifically for flyers then it should have said that, however it is saying printed material, which can mean stickers, business cards, flyers, banners etc.

as it does not specify exactly what printed material is then we can only assume it includes any sort of printed material as mentioned above.

ruby, would be good to have the stag in there!

the only hidden costs will be flooring etc when devided by 7 of us = f**k all.

Hmm, reckon I could have the $80 before the 25th deadline.

Biggest problem is I got a trip interstate coming up and I'm swapping my Days kit for a Dolphin kit. If it doesn't fit just right (FMIC and all) and doesn't get colour matched quickly, the Stagea won't be presentable for the show.

Take me in as a very serious "maybe". So where do I get the application form from? I'm sure its been said, but I'm feeling lazy tonight. :P

Ruby, got to Autosalon.com.au and follow the links.

downlaoad the pdf, and post to flick as she is handling the entry side of things.

id post a link to it but my laptop is being a poofta again. :(

:P

DUE TO LACK OF COMMITTMENT, INTEREST AND PEOPLE PULLING OUT,

THIS YEARS SAU DISPLAY AT AUTOSALON

HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

IT HAS BEEN LEFT TO LATE

WITH THE AMOUNT OF WORK THAT STILL HAS TO BE DONE

TO MAKE A DECENT DISPLAY.

THIS WAS A COMBINED DECISION BY THE ORGANISERS.

SORRY TO ALL THAT WHERE LOOKING FORWORD TO IT.

THANKS.

CRAIG, GUY AND FLICK.

craig i know my car aint too hot but if u need ppl to do the display ill be more than happy to put my car in! im sure scott will too! and even adam!

we need to have the sau display!!

ill have my gtr bar on and painted! but my overall paint isnt the best!

scott and adams cars r in great nic so im mor ethan happy to go in to have the display!!

its not just the cars dropping out though...we still need flooring, lighting etc.

i have never done anything like this before, so im not sure how to organise anything

and flick has been really busy herself..

its pretty dissappointing i know.

sau autosalon setup day hahaha...

we can make a afl like banner to use as flooring, im sure all of us have some spot lights at home! hahaha