SAU Community

R33 GTST v 180SX SR20

Originally posted by EVOIV

I admit that the R34 GTST doesn't look that great, and maybe the series2 R33 might even look better...standard. But just WHO leaves their skyline standard? There are so many bodykits out there that any of the skylines can look equally as good as the other.

Mine's stock, not even sideskirts :) Well, it has the bigger front bar, that's it. Of course if it looked ugly when stock I might have done something about it sooner.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the r33 skyline has a slightly better power to weight ratio than a silvia/180sx and better still after applying common mods to both., but who is going to be quicker, i think the silvia/180sx may get the skyline of the line because of the lighter weight to get it going but the skyline should get it over the 1/4

(but it also comes down to who is driving)

Skyline may have better power to wait, but I think you are underestimating the extra torque an SR20 can make - that makes alot of difference. Also, what is the diff ratio on an S13 vs R33?

Do agree with you though lindsey, the driver is the biggest factor:)

I'm pissed off, i went cruising tonight and i lost everytime!! mind you i wasnt racing riceboxes...now im starting to think something is wrong with my car hehe

Its probably just me though, i havent owned the car long and plus its auto so i cant rev it up much at the lights and dump the clutch to get good launches.

oh well fmic and s-afcII is on order im hoping that will give me enough power to keep up with most modified cars around

MJ, Stall it up at the lights, just before it goes green (dont be a fool and hold it for 10 seconds! LOL) Now got boost and revs... and you'll launch just as good as a manual! And even better than a manual in some cases...

Btw maybe you should put it on a dyno to check out whats going on!

At a club day at Oran Park i was hosed by a turbo MX-5, 180SX with Apexi turbo, S14 with cat back exhaust, M5, but i beat a calpped out 4cyl Pintara :) At the time i had cat back, filter and IC running around 12psi.

But on the slalom and driving events i was in the top couple of cars, so R32s may not be straight ahead demons, but are well balanced with good brakes and are good alround performance cars...well in my opinion.

Yeah Busky2k, I found the best method is to put my left foot on the brake and right foot on the accel and rev to about 2k then launch. Is this the best method?

Any higher revs and i just lose traction and wheelspin through first. My rear tyres are a shitty tyre though... so i think if i get some quality tyres on the back and perhaps some pinapples (im not sure if these would do anything?) that would help alot.

I never realised how quick those genIII commodores are haha i get hosed by them everytime...i havent raced a stock one yet so maybe i could keep up with that.

This is my first decent car and its lots of fun having good runs with other good cars