SAU Community

Importing Help Needed

accident damage could be classified as race rally import only lots of raws workshops might not wanna comply it

even though replacing the guard should fix it b4 it comes to australia

complete waste of time. they car is only fit for a japanese junkyard mate. and there are a lot of costs associate with shipping. it does not 'cost one grand to ship it over'. fixed costs with importing and complying a car run to over $8K so there is no point in buying a piece of rubbish for $1800. you may as well spend decently on the actual car and get something worth having.

yeah, importing a car can be very worthwhile but don't get sucked into just looking to get a cheap car cheaply. try and get a nice car and be prepared to spend a little extra to get that really nice, special car. Since the fixed costs associated with importing and complying cars are quite a lot it's not really worth importing cheap cars since the bulk of the money you are outlaying is paying for the freight, duties, agents, compliance etc. so you end up spending $10K to get a car that cost you $1K. For a 33 GTST I would probably look here as they are so cheap now. But for a nice GTR, or RX7 etc for sure consider importing.

RX-7s are pretty good value in Japan, vs what they fetch here.

My only other advice is to take the advice of people who have been importing for a while - the biggest dramas I see are usually caused when people who think they've found "a better way of doing things" than others in the industry. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.