SAU Community

V35 Painted

Hi Guys finally got a couple of pics up.

As you can see colour is alot deeper and has more metallic and pearl in it. Car changes to be alot more purple under light then the standard colour. Best of all the orange peel is reduced by far and it just looks fresh! Has been painted in and out including boot but not engine bay. (stops under rubbers)

Wheels are on, Door handles and badges are also all on, The trust exhaust is on and so are a few little interior parts as well.

Hope you guys like but i think it came out pretty well. Just going to lowwer it a bit and tint the front windows to match.

If anyone may be interested car is for sale need to put the money into house.

post-23484-1213071256_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213071325_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213071379_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213074305_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213074351_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213074400_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213074450_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213074504_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1213074553_thumb.jpg

Edited by CHO50N

Nice colour - what was it originally? Has it got orange peel already before you had the respray?

I thought it would be easier to de-badge it prior to respray rather than mocking around with masking tapes? How did they get around the spaces between the boot badges? no thick paint buildups?

OHhhh yeah, also shaved the front bar and filled in the 6 holes behind the black mould.

Has 12 months rego and has full service books, spare key, everything!

On your other thread I thought I was expecting something.. well better than this. Rims set off a car, but in this case, they dont.

Cant see any blend in paint- just looks like you had it flow coated. Only pics though.

Car was full de-badged before painting, Cant paint around badges :(

Is an excellent job with everything off inc doors to paint the edges and shut faces properly.

The car has orange peel standard, so does my mum's (V35's dont have the best standard paint) It is now alot smooth how paint should be!

Car was blue, Just has alot more pearl now. Wanted it to look tidy and streetable not too overdone. It is noticably different in real life.

Things that make it too different might make it hard to sell later.

I will take it out later in the week for some proper photos.

Edited by CHO50N

I wonder is this decision to sell came in after you decided to respray...

doesn't feel worth it to me spending on a respray when you're gonna sell it soon...

Does the orange peel common on dark coloured V35? mine's silver I can't see any orange peel - white & silver might have escaped this common trait...?

Dont have to sell it just though if i get the right money i will, try and put more into property.

My mums is red and has orange peel, so does my mates silver but it is harder to spot because of colour.

man, 10 years after my '93 R33 and Nissan still didn't even come up with better quality paint?

I purposely avoided any of those nice blue, black or red colour after my orange peel experience with the R33

and didn't you also put on some slotted rotors from me? lots have been spent prior to selling may not really be worth it, but good luck with the sale... issit auto or manual? if it's manual would be easier to sell and pickup more $.

Cant get rid of it mate its in the paint from the factory, some cars may have it worse then others,

VE commodores are pretty bad in dark colours

Factory purposely thicnken paint up as it hides imperfection in the panels. At times it could gets peely or murky -could depend on the run at the time. Or the peel may have come from previous respray.

Its more noticeable on flat colors Red/Black. These colors dont need clear they are 2K. White/Silver/Blue need to lay color then clear. So you wont see it as much.

Nevertheless from factory Jap cars usual peel isnt to bad.

How much are you looking at selling the car for?? What model is it? Km's?

Its a 2003 Premium with nav and 18,000km

I have all books, auction papers, everything you could ever want.

Car also has Sunroof and all the infiniti badging.

I want around $37,000 for it, this is a genuine car and with sunroof and perfect body is rare. Not to mention over $1,000 spent on parts plus the $1,000 on exhaust, + Paint and wheels.

Would have to have the best body and paint for any V35 of this age. Also has 12 months rego.

Factory purposely thicnken paint up as it hides imperfection in the panels. At times it could gets peely or murky -could depend on the run at the time. Or the peel may have come from previous respray.

Its more noticeable on flat colors Red/Black. These colors dont need clear they are 2K. White/Silver/Blue need to lay color then clear. So you wont see it as much.

Nevertheless from factory Jap cars usual peel isnt to bad.

How much are you looking at selling the car for?? What model is it? Km's?

No Previous repairs had been done.

Ah right I get it.. Now I think of it I thought we where all talking about wet spots... You know from acidic rain.

Anyways googled it and looks like dodgy spray jobs to me.

No, Its called orange peel well that may not be the 100% correct name but its what everyone in the business knows it as. It is as the other guy said the finish left on the car from factory due to poor spray jobs or thick / heavily applied paint.

makes the panels of the car look like well....... the peel of an orange. can be very noticable on black cars when you look at a reflection off the paint.

Looked it up on the computer to help you with my poor explinations.

Edited by CHO50N

Orange peel (effect)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Orange peel (paint))

Jump to: navigation, search

Orange peel is a certain kind of finish that may develop on painted surfaces and cast surfaces[1]. The texture resembles the bumpy surface of the skin of an orange (fruit) hence the name.

Gloss paint sprayed on a smooth surface (such as the body of a car) should also dry into a smooth surface. However, various factors can cause it to dry into a bumpy surface resembling the texture of an orange peel. The orange peel phenomenon can then be smoothed out with ultra-fine sandpaper, but it can be prevented altogether by changing the painting technique or the materials used. Orange peel is typically the result of improper painting technique, and is caused by the quick evaporation of thinner, incorrect spray gun setup (e.g., low air pressure or incorrect nozzle), spraying the paint at an angle other than perpendicular, or applying excessive paint.

In some situations, such as interior house paint, the orange peel texture is generally desirable. In this case, a texture paint is generally applied with a spray gun. The texture is then painted over with the appropriate color. When painting walls, orange peel can also develop by using a roller with too little paint or too thick a paint and the surface dries before the texture can level.