SAU Community

Tomei Osgiken Rb30

tribex

does anyone know of these engines they are supposed to be a collaboration between tomei and os giken ???

i have seen a few advertised and am wandering about wether they are genuine or not?? does anyone know the sort of performance they give ???

twin t78s seems like overkill but i am after an rb30 conversion and maybe this is a better solution.....

post-9341-1213254522_thumb.jpg

post-9341-1213254663_thumb.jpg

post-9341-1213254684_thumb.jpg

post-9341-1213254693_thumb.jpg

post-9341-1213254704_thumb.jpg

post-9341-1213254711_thumb.jpg

post-9341-1213254718_thumb.jpg

Edited by tribex

I haven't heard of such a collaboration but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It looks like someone has just spec'd Tomei parts to fill out the OSG kit....it will be wayyyyyy expensive in comparison to an Aussie built 3L and even a R.I.P.S RB30 from NZ

Collaboration????? Does that make things cheaper or more expensive?

It looks like they just bolted some Tomei and Greddy parts to a OS short block.

Twin T78 with max rev of only 9krpm won't work well.

just read a 400 post thread on another forum about these engines........verdict...no one really had expierence with these and a big power rb30det to compare.

mind if i ask where this was can you post a link??

twin t78's anyone know when boost will come in if at all lol??? maybe 15000 rpm lol joke.....

It is a OSGIKEN short fitted with tomei filled head, not an of the shelf build. It would have been a cheque book motor tick all the best available options for its intended purpose.

It is a OSGIKEN short fitted with tomei filled head, not an of the shelf build. It would have been a cheque book motor tick all the best available options for its intended purpose.

anyone know where this 400 page thread about them is????

twin t78s on rb30 will they even be able to spool up????

Definitely the twin greddy t78 will not be very functional at the 9krpm redline they suggested.

I've driven similar setup. The Twin T618Zs hit full boost at 4.5-5krpm. Single T04Z hits full boost around 5.5-6krpm.Twin TD06s hit full boost at around 6-6.5krpm.

I am not sure when Willall's drag car hit full boost with their T67s. If I have to bet, the T78 must be getting full boost in the 8krpm....way too laggy.

BTW what cams are they using on this setup and what is the asking price?

Edited by 9krpm

Definitely the twin greddy t78 will not be very functional at the 9krpm redline they suggested.

I've driven similar setup. The Twin T618Zs hit full boost at 4.5-5krpm. Single T04Z hits full boost around 5.5-6krpm.Twin TD06s hit full boost at around 6-6.5krpm.

I am not sure when Willall's drag car hit full boost with their T67s. If I have to bet, the T78 must be getting full boost in the 8krpm....way too laggy.

single to4z on a rb30 hitting full boost at 5.5-6k rpm? thats not what ive read and experienced, on my own rb27 with the hks t04z, its making fullboost around 4300-4500rpm or so (that was on 22psi boost).

Edited by unique1

single to4z on a rb30 hitting full boost at 5.5-6k rpm? thats not what ive read and experienced, on my own rb27 with the hks t04z, its making fullboost around 4300-4500rpm or so (that was on 22psi boost).

hmm I better double check with John what turbo it is. I knew I should have not mention this turbo coz I wasn't too clear. It might have been bigger. Full boost was in the high 20 and he had a Nismo cluster. All of the others that I mentioned were around 2 bars. What cams and intercooler have you got on your car?

Edited by 9krpm

are you talking about on rb26's or rb30s i think to4z would spool a lot quiker than 5.5-6k on rb 30 ive seen them boost on rb26's earlier than that...im not arguing witht he t78s though im not sure they will come on boost at any reasonable level,

would love to know what level willals drag rb30 gets boost witrh those t67's......

OS engine with big drag cams. You guys might be right, it could have been a larger single. As you can tell I am not a real fan of big single. All I can say it's definitely laggier than twin t517Z and the twin T618Z