SAU Community

Which Is A Decent Binding? Burton...ride...?

West

Hi guys,

I've just obtained a new pair of DC Ghost so i thought i might as well change my binding.

I've been looking at the Burton Cartel at the moment, they've been around for a while now. I read a few feeds back about them and most of them are good but i'd like to hear a few different opinions so what do you guys use? How much? Where did you get it from..........etc?

By the way, anything for medium boarding level is ok, nothing too extream thanks.

I've just bought Flow NX-AT bindings. I really like them but a lot of people are scared of using them as they work differently to every other binding on the market... I got them off ebay australia cheap towards the end of last year.

That said you cant really go wrong with Cartels, P1s etc. I wouldn't go anything cheaper in their range though, a friend of mine snapped a Burton Mission binding in half last year.

The problem with Burton gear is that the online stores in the USA won't send burton gear to Australia, so you are stuck paying through the nose in Aus stores. Burton cartels are about US$120 but they sell for over $300 in australia, I dont see how that works.

I've just bought Flow NX-AT bindings. I really like them but a lot of people are scared of using them as they work differently to every other binding on the market... I got them off ebay australia cheap towards the end of last year.

That said you cant really go wrong with Cartels, P1s etc. I wouldn't go anything cheaper in their range though, a friend of mine snapped a Burton Mission binding in half last year.

The problem with Burton gear is that the online stores in the USA won't send burton gear to Australia, so you are stuck paying through the nose in Aus stores. Burton cartels are about US$120 but they sell for over $300 in australia, I dont see how that works.

Yeah, its Burton and their copy right thing. So is DC i think.

I got my DC Ghost Boots for $100 AUD from BackCountry, i had them sent to my sister's house in Los Angeles (free freight too :)) and she brought it over to me where they cost around $350 here in the shops.

See i've been running on Burton Freestyles for the past few years, and have zero complaints baout them. A great binding, that'll never ice up on you....or at least it'll handle anything that the shitty Australian winter can dish out.

I'd take a pic or find a link.... but i have teh beers in me ATM.... :)

See i've been running on Burton Freestyles for the past few years, and have zero complaints baout them. A great binding, that'll never ice up on you....or at least it'll handle anything that the shitty Australian winter can dish out.

I'd take a pic or find a link.... but i have teh beers in me ATM.... :P

Any updates :D?

I'm a true skier but do board a little and after doing a few seasons on the slopes I have heard nothing but love for Ride equiptment, also flow (but people either love them or hate them, so they seem an aquired taste). I would stay away from Burton stuff just cause its over priced and all the rental (cheapo models) from them were lacking when compared to other cheap gear. Having said that have never tried their top end gear, but I have not found many serious riders that love burton.

Hey, funny you start this thread, as im in the market for some new Bindings too.. My crap Morrow Bindings that I have at the moment are just poo, and im sure ill destroy them on the first trip up this season. my mate and I are pretty decent Borders, he has a set of Burton Bindings which are robust as all hell. and the buckles are so easy to whip on and off, so im scouring Ebay at the moment trying to find some. I'd also have to give credit to RIDE bindings, they are good too from what I hear.

Any updates :)?

Ummmm, i'm on the beer again. :ermm:

I'll get a pic up ASAP :)

For anything that Australia has to dish out, really you don't need a million dollar binding.... anything in the lower $$$ price range from a good company will be excellent for anything Australia's snow fields can be bothered to throw at you.

We don't get good snow here, and we'll be lucky to get below -10 degrees, so aim for binding that have the nothtern hemisphere 'summer' tag to em :)