SAU Community

Install Kit For 2860-7s?

Being a noob i like the idea of the HKS kit as i know i'll have all the bits and pieces i need. I there a complete gasket/stud/nut etc installation kit for the garretts? Where from? Group buy has the garretts at $2150, and IIRC the HKS kit is over $3K.

garret tubos dont come with gaskets

My T04Z did.

Nothing else, but. Figure on a couple of hundred bucks plus whatever the aggravation's worth to you

for water and oil lines, then take a look at Nengun or Greenline or Perfectrun for a cheater price on the HKS kit.

Are the 2860-7 basically GT-SS equivalents? If I've done my currency conversion properly the GT-SS kit for a GT-R is about $A2.5k from Greenline...

Regards,

Saliya

With the 2860-5's that I'm installing, I went with the hks turbine gasket and bolt set from nengun, then just had to buy the exhaust manifold to head gaskets from nissan.

It would be just as easy to get the gaskets and bits you need locally as they wouldn't amount to a huge cost. All parts are stock items, just need to oval the bolt holes on the oil drains for the slightly wider spacings.

garret tubos dont come with gaskets

Err yeah, that's why i'm asking if there is a kit....

Are the 2860-7 basically GT-SS equivalents? If I've done my currency conversion properly the GT-SS kit for a GT-R is about $A2.5k from Greenline...

They're both 300/310hp turbos, so very similar AFAICT.

Nengun is the same for the base kit, but it comes to $3250 when you include delivery and the import duties.

Yeah my GT30 came with gaskets and i know others who get them too... some people obviously are unsure what they speak of :domokun:

There is no "kit" as such available. You need to buy everything like banjo washers etc

Yeah 2.5k from greenline is the purchase price, shipping, duties etc its 3k or there abouts.

• 5 months later...

im about to a set of 2860-7 myself, noticed kudo motorsports have a kit for these for couple hundred (gaskets, bolts/nuts)

is this all i need as I assume std oil/water lines are fine, main concern is dump pipes, any modification need to fit these..

still undecided on a/m dump pipes, have read hks ones are not so good, tomei's rule but expensive and few ppl have said stock dumps arent that bad.. 33GTR dumps are an option due to better design?

R33 dumps are an option, im using them on mine and ive been assured they will be fine when i chase more power, so i cant argue with the person who's done a number of tests in that area.

Oil/water bolt up no worries, the dumps dont need any mods either.

You just need new gaskets for everything, copper washers for the banjo's and that sort of thing. Nothing else really as they are a bolt on

i got my 2860-7s at GCG turbos they sorted out all of the relevant parts and gaskets for a reasonable price, also got their version of dump pipes which are split type for a good price. Just remind them that the o2 sensor fittings need a reducer for the r32.