SAU Community

Rb25 - Better Than The Rest?

Heres a couple interesting dyno grpahs from a local skyline owner (fineline to be exact).

it's interesting to see how much power its making and the torque aswell.

How do rb26's/rb30's stack up in comparison?

Is there a 25 out there thats comparible to this power delivery?

finaltune001vw9.th.jpgfinaltune002lk0.th.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, no interest. I'm sure there will be a few out there but once you start to pull that kind of power people find they have to try to hide it or give away all their "secrets".

So, no comers then?

Guess I'll have to drag the GTR down and see what it can deliver, then back that up with the racecars 26/30. Actually swung a spanner today on both of them for a bit so I might even be well enough soon to actually finish the odd job and get out for a race.

Hmmm, no interest. I'm sure there will be a few out there but once you start to pull that kind of power people find they have to try to hide it or give away all their "secrets".

So, no comers then?

thats cause it is the shittest graph i have ever seen

there i said it

not bad for stock though

Old john definitely knows a thing or two about porting cylinder heads ect... I have one of his heads on my car i just dyno'd 630awhp, vp109, 2530's 26psi with more to go.. Surprising thing is this was done with a standard ignition module in place and plugs gapped to .8mm.. Read about alot of people having trouble with ignition break down at around 400rwkw then having to add DLI and gapping down.. I guess when the heads done right its not so hard to get the whole combustion process going.. But again fantasic results it must be a awesome car to drive..... Ryan

Edited by Ryan1200

come back to condition of your coils also ryan

Adjustable cam gears cancel out bad coils. So if you've got dodgey coil packs, just fit a set of cam gears and she's swoit!

If thats running the stock injectors they are running some massive rail pressures :)

Yeah, we set rail pressure to 140psi at idle. Had to weld on some reinforcements to keep it all together but it seems to be holding for the time being. :)

Sorry Dan i run 150psi bfp via a mechanical pump and dont have to worry about cam gears as it runs pneumatic operated valves another JHH mod they do... Coil packs are splitfires so virtually a standard coil regardless of that johns engines just seem to make great power at the end of the day..

Heres a couple interesting dyno grpahs from a local skyline owner (fineline to be exact).

it's interesting to see how much power its making and the torque aswell.

How do rb26's/rb30's stack up in comparison?

Is there a 25 out there thats comparible to this power delivery?

finaltune001vw9.th.jpgfinaltune002lk0.th.jpg

hmmm 27 psi?

try 401 @ 8psi

4 wd too

210 of that made even before the turbo is on boost.

post-50030-1213516123_thumb.jpg

rb30/26det garrett 3582 770cc bosch injectors, hks f con pro v, 3 inch stright pipe exhaust hks cams, fully forged bottom end , etc etc