SAU Community

Rb25 - Better Than The Rest?

Sorry Dan i run 150psi bfp via a mechanical pump and dont have to worry about cam gears as it runs pneumatic operated valves another JHH mod they do... Coil packs are splitfires so virtually a standard coil regardless of that johns engines just seem to make great power at the end of the day..

No I said the adjustable cam gears cancel out the dodgey coil packs. You still need to run the rail pressure at 140-180psi.

Just think about how much more hp you can make with those gears and no other mod...it's like 200hp waiting to come out!!

And it's not John's engine. He did the cylinder head.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah but thats 8 psi....wait till the wick is wound up once she's had a run in period. then we'll see about bee's piss ultimate and axle snapping power

and wtf is going on with this BS.... cam gears cancelling out dodgy coils? F*cking magazine mechanic.

Edited by nizmonut

its not done in shootout mode so can't really compare the graphs against anything

:):D:D

yeh autosalon brisbane isnt until later in the year...

but then how do we justify the extra 310hp its going to make? :D

Maybe Dan's got an excessive stock of (Adjustable) cam gear his trying to off load before the end of finacial year to anyone with ignition problems... :D :D :D

or maybe he's just a c unt?

yeh thats right i said it :woot:

its only number though geoff

whats the power & torque curves like?

Sif I care numbnuts. Go find it if it's that important to ya.....but being a 30 hybrid it will have about twice what Noel is packin. :)

The carbon bonnet and flush fitting pins we installed lastnight is what will take this baby over the line im expecting it to crack 600hp

Can i get a price on those cam gears dan, I still have not been able to chirp second....

I've never read so much bullshit. Everyone knows that its blue cam gear covers that fix dodgey coil paks. Dan you are full of it. :P

There are plenty of cars out there that can leave mine in the shade but i am extremely happy with the figures given how little we had to lean on it to produce them. With the afm (q45 we were struggling to get it anywhere near these numbers with another 800rpm and an extra 8% of timing.

Once the Haltech was installed it made power so easily it was ridiculous.

In hindsight I think I may have achieved a better result with the z32 over the q45. Nothing i can prove, just a gut feeling.

The rev limiter is now set to 7800 rpm as opposed to 8700 previously. boost is 25 lb instead of 28 and as i said, timing is 8% less than previous. More power with less work makes me happy in the pants.

And NO Shane, I am not going to up the ante. Its more than quick enough to keep this old man entertained.

Big thanks to Dan from elite racing for the build. And to mik the patient from signature performance for his tuning work. We are damn fortunate to have some non dodgey operators with scruples up our way. (plenty of the other kind too)

yeah but thats 8 psi....wait till the wick is wound up once she's had a run in period. then we'll see about bee's piss ultimate and axle snapping power

and wtf is going on with this BS.... cam gears cancelling out dodgy coils? F*cking magazine mechanic.

yeah Dan sucks....he never built anything

except the engine in question ha ha

No need for name calling....and everyone knows I get all my info from InitialD videos. :laughing-smiley-014:

Heres a couple interesting dyno grpahs from a local skyline owner (fineline to be exact).

it's interesting to see how much power its making and the torque aswell.

Gah stupid rolling road dynos having no rpm indication or solid link to hubs so it can all be put on an even scale for comparison. Very impressive curve shape though, care to share specs??

Gah stupid rolling road dynos having no rpm indication or solid link to hubs so it can all be put on an even scale for comparison. Very impressive curve shape though, care to share specs??

Its pretty much full house for a 25 mate. The usual bottom end, blueprinted, balanced, cryo'd crank etc, o.s. giken slugs, eagle rods, Hi energy gated and baffled sump, Jun oil pump, restrictors, bleed back etc. Extensive head work, Including solid lifter conversion, major porting, chamber mods. os feria valves (exhaust only) stiffer springs, Custom signature performance himount topped with a surge ported 35/40 garret, Tial 44 mil external gate. 3and 1/2 inch dump through same diameter exhaust. Greddy plenum, 800cc sards, tomei rail. big fmic, radiator etc, etc. All managed by a haltech e11v2.

No secrets in there Lithium. Simply a combination of good quality componentry and expertise.

I have bolted up a snow performance water meth injection kit too but its coming out now. I see no reason to bother hooking it up as there is still plenty left in the engine as it is if we want it, I dont think I'll bother. Its a tunnafun to drive and any more grunt would just be wasted..

Its pretty much full house for a 25 mate. The usual bottom end, blueprinted, balanced, cryo'd crank etc, o.s. giken slugs, eagle rods, Hi energy gated and baffled sump, Jun oil pump, restrictors, bleed back etc. Extensive head work, Including solid lifter conversion, major porting, chamber mods. os feria valves (exhaust only) stiffer springs, Custom signature performance himount topped with a surge ported 35/40 garret, Tial 44 mil external gate. 3and 1/2 inch dump through same diameter exhaust. Greddy plenum, 800cc sards, tomei rail. big fmic, radiator etc, etc. All managed by a haltech e11v2.

No secrets in there Lithium. Simply a combination of good quality componentry and expertise.

I have bolted up a snow performance water meth injection kit too but its coming out now. I see no reason to bother hooking it up as there is still plenty left in the engine as it is if we want it, I dont think I'll bother. Its a tunnafun to drive and any more grunt would just be wasted..

Fantastic, thanks for sharing :laugh: Sounds like an awesome piece of kit - I bet its fun! Good work.

You told me it was stock!