SAU Community

Post Broardwater Car Park Era

changi

The boys have a point, we should all lobby the government to open up another drag strip near the Gold Coast. Until then we will have to find another car park. Harbour town car park/Pacififc fair are big

I have not been to a car park meet for a LONG time. However I still remember that it was fun when everyone behave. Why should everyone be so bitter about this and make the younger generation miss out on a social activity? Hey I am sure everyone is happy to meet at Willowbank once in a while but who has the money to burn 2 hours of driving and $$$ of fuel every week.

Agreed but i wouldnt expect it to happen anytime soon.. besides im sure owning a modified import means going thro alot of fuel $$ , the whole thing is for 4 hours you let yourself loose on the track do as much skids , burnouts etc as you want and race your mates for fun ... i think if you weigh up the odds 35 bucks for 4 hours vs the streets where you would get defected etc will exceed a full tank of fuel and the entry fee ,why not go out on track days do the same as you would do at BWCP or likes , everything still about cars...minus the boys in blue to hassle anyone , i love those stickers Save our Dragways,Dont street race :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all

i am probly way behind in time but i always go to the spit on a sunday arvo don't spose a sat night is much good???? (f**k tha police ) theres no retirement village or council chambers there.

not up the goldy area every weekend but would do it more often if there is less shananegans and somewhere regular!!

drags is good though!!!!

will bring an esperesso machine for all the coffee freaks including myself ;) just need 240v. lol

36 clams for 4 hours Tom.

.....Damn, thats pretty cheap

why not go out on track days do the same as you would do at BWCP or likes , everything still about cars...minus the boys in blue to hassle anyone

It's funny, whenever I'm on track at QR, I keep expecting to see red&blue flashing lights pop up behind me :D

Agreed but i wouldnt expect it to happen anytime soon.. besides im sure owning a modified import means going thro alot of fuel $$ , the whole thing is for 4 hours you let yourself loose on the track do as much skids , burnouts etc as you want and race your mates for fun ... i think if you weigh up the odds 35 bucks for 4 hours vs the streets where you would get defected etc will exceed a full tank of fuel and the entry fee ,why not go out on track days do the same as you would do at BWCP or likes , everything still about cars...minus the boys in blue to hassle anyone , i love those stickers Save our Dragways,Dont street race :)

Sure there are times and places for everything.

I remember meeting mates at car cruises/ car parks in my younger years. It was fun. I met some very inspirational and nice people there too. It's a shame to see that disappear because the men in blue think we deal drugs or illegal stuffs there. I am glad to see the Willowbank drag strip works for you but it may not work for everyone. For me the drag strip would be different;

-Andra unlimited licence $341

-Andra log book $30

-Need to get a full cage with Andra certification

-Need a ballistic blanket for the gearbox

I don't mind the above (and will try to do them near the end of this year) however the parts I dread the most are lots of travel time, broken axles or gearbox, a tow home and then leaving my cars with unreliable workshops and dealing with stuff ups from them lalala The whole exercise will cost me from a couple of hundreds to thousands. I've been through that road before. At the moment, I can guess what my car can do at the 1/4 track and will take it there again when I have enough time to work on my car if something breaks. Afterall there is no point drag racing if you can't go full out. For the time being I will leave it in the shed and take it to QR, lakeside or Morgan park. I am sure I am not the only one going through this drama. No wonder why some people drag races on the street!!!

I wonder when the government will use their revenues from automobiles or fuel tax to feed it back to the motorsport community......I can only dream....but the answer will be never :(

I would love to have a drag strip or race track near home but that will never happen. Until then I think the police should give the car community some laxity with this sort of car park social meets. Have they ever wonder what the youth will do if they don't hang around car parks in the Gold Coast? I would hate to witness the disappearance of modified cars and re-emergence of bong vans scene like the Byron Bays :dry:

Edited by 9krpm

drags are fun, but i think that not everybody wants to drag race there cars just to go meet up with a few friends and hang out. there should be freedom of choice as to where people choose to meet up, there is no rules about couples going out with there friends for dinners at restraunts, pubs, or clubs, so why should there be rules about enthusiasts meeting some where to congregate with other friends. its a bit one sided i think.

My avatar pic is actually from Surfers Raceway. I've still got the bike (albeit in bits ATM) but punch the below stats into Google Earth to see what now resides where the 'strip used to be. It's actually an old data-set, there isn't even that much there anymore....... :P

28° 0'41.27"S

153°22'19.68"E

As an interesting side-note & as Dennis Symris mentioned in the link above (old prick that he is), John Force had his first run in a Nitro Funny Car at Surfers Raceway. He had come out here with one of the US race-teams to drive the transporter after his mate who was to have the job broke his leg. Guess the rest is history, & it still hasn't ended.......

There's a 6 car Nitro Funny Car meeting booked for Willowbank in Jan '09, Densham & possibly Del Worsham are bringing their operations out . If only Force would bring his 4 cars out as well, now THAT would be something to experience!!

yeah all the old biddys attack any "race cars" and make up all this shit to be seen as "doing something".. all are liers imo.. ron clarke breaking election promises.. same with rudd.. f**k em all..

anyways to the point.. any1 know of any shops (autobarn, supercheap, etc) that have a big carpark... know of an autobarn that ppl meet on sunday mornings.. could crack a deal for use of the "private" car parks.. and they would get some notoriety.. also could sell shit.. or open their store for buying parts.. coffee or set up a bbq or something.. or swing a donation their way..

then they can't close it.. and as long as there ain't wanks... could have the 5-0 monitor the situation to do away with the hoons and f**k wits (big men they are) that cause problems like this.. spose the "police" will be losers and close the road for driving on or defect all the cars.. spoil all the fun..

for any police or counciloors reading this site too.. what is the harm in showing off.. meeting up.. all the other stuff.. with our cars? as long as the hoons are gone.. takes ppl off the road.. they arent hooning.. not hurting anybody.. agreed there are f**kwits but majority is not.. don't be wankers

Why dont you just harden the f**k up or go buy a honda or a pink huandai. Evo forums are full of bona fide racers, Holden and ford forums are similar. skyline forum is full of coffee club boost cruising wankers. I'm ashamed to say i boughta skyline as a performance vehicle when i see the soft arse shit you lot go on with.

Titan - That's mah boy!!!!

Why dont you just harden the f**k up or go buy a honda or a pink huandai. Evo forums are full of bona fide racers, Holden and ford forums are similar. skyline forum is full of coffee club boost cruising wankers. I'm ashamed to say i boughta skyline as a performance vehicle when i see the soft arse shit you lot go on with.

f**king spot on Bevan. Or in this case - Noel.

No seriously, I can't believe it has come to this. One of you're own has come south of the border just to rag on you guys. There is mutiny on board the QLD shit............oops I mean ship.

Not only is he taking the piss out of you skirts, but he is also taking it up to even come and try one of out tracks.

What a champ. Really, he must bleed blue blood.

So back on topic now, I have respect for all types of people, be it trackdayers or people who are into shows.

But in all reality, Think about what it really is to own a skyline. It is years, nay decades, yes decades of racing pedigree history. It brings back memories of things like this....

r32_gtr_r34_gtr-736616.jpg

or this

10890-1991-Nissan-Skyline.jpg

not this...

nissan-skyline-gtr.jpg

or this

2F2F%20Skyline.jpg

So please, I beg of you....... Heed the wise advice from Noel. He really doesn't want to put shit on you and call you names like

pink shirted candy arses

And

soft as custard

He just cares, and is worried that QLD'ers are turning into a bunch of soft cock, pink shirt wearing, weaksauce, pansies.

Think about it...............

Yay for Noel!!! :thumbsup:

Boo for the softies who don't want to get their precious car dirty or risk breaking it on a track day. You don't have to drive at 100% on the track to learn. A lap of QR at 75% will teach you more about car control than 2 years on the road giving your right foot a stab every now and then.

Harden the Fark Up and support the Track Days and Drift Nights and Test-n-tunes etc, or they will disappear and you will have just that little bit more to whinge about while sipping your latte.

lol at the softie comments

You are brain washed if you think your lost of freedom and conformity to the government's idea that all jap car should be on the track only. I hate it! Whenever I drive my track r32gtr (street legalled with mod plates) I get gazed and followed by police. However when I drive my turbo charged honda s2k or C32AMG I am ok. I even got pulled over in my Merc and they called me sir when I was under 30 at the time. I did a 64 sec at QR sprint with the Merc so it's not any civilised car either. I bought these cars because I like what the manufacturer created. They don't reflect my personality. WTF is this double standard in the community?

Yes why cant we have both? If you think I am soft, come to the track and try to get into my slipstream then I will take your comment any time. I have nothing against Willowbank and I think they are doing an extremely professional job. For me to take my car out to the drag I have to plan ahead to see what time I could potentially get home from QR and whether it will affect my work the following day. I don't let my play affect my work, or mix work and play. That's why I have not taken the 32 out to the drag on Wednesday lately.

I just love to see some slack around Goldie, otherwise rebuild us a track to play with.