• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

this is my ewang

]-----

its normal size atm.

we get it you bought your cars cause they are fast.. and good for M1 sprints. but want to see what its really got and meet people (perhaps even meat), then go for a track run, you dont have to flog the mutha farken bearings out it it to have fun, so stop bitchin about breaking stuff if you go for a track day. I can tell you it is a hell of a lot more fun then car park meets. I dont mind meeting at carparks, but not for anything else cept food and drink.

if you bought it as a daily fair enough, you can still have fun without it breaking. and without pissing the cops off. if thats what your worried about as well.

but i vote...for a nice big grass spot on where you can look at them.

you vote for, "a nice big grass spot...."; you want to tell us where this grassy spot might be?.

Who the hell are you??? You have been a forum member since late 2003 and yet you have only minimal posts???

You really contribute to the scene don't you!!!

Put up or shut up. I have been part of the Club for 4 years now and have been on the Executive working hard so that 'tards like you have something to whinge about when we give up our free time to organise cruises, track days, dinners, etc.

This forum is about information and making friends of like-minded individuals. You contradict yourself every other post and yet you still flame with the best of them. Anyone can own a Skyline of any type and be proud of their vehicle.

As I said, I don't know you, and if you have been around the Queensland Skyline scene for that long and I haven't heard of, let alone met you, you have little or no credibility to bust our chops about anything.

yes; that quote was not meant to have 'rhinorebel' included, was actually 'fineline' that I was responding to. if you read his post you may understand why I made the quote. I apologise for that mistake!.

it's great that you put in free time to organize the 'tards', but that doesn't make you the 'credibility police'. I started this topic to try to do something about the BWCP situation, since the start of the replies there has been a lot of constructive comments and plenty of shit throwing by those who don't see the value in carpark meet-ups; I have no problem with that, as long as I have the right [and I do] to respond, as I did to your comments [and others] regarding the "GTR" attitude. if you don't like that, too bad.

once again, I apologise for mistakenly using 'rhinorebel' in my response to 'fineline'.

Boostcruising / Cruising brisbane do lots of meet up and have chats cruises... Thursday night seems to be big on the southside just go driving around you are bound to find other like minded hooligans

Boostcruising / Cruising brisbane do lots of meet up and have chats cruises... Thursday night seems to be big on the southside just go driving around you are bound to find other like minded hooligans

agreed there is plenty of car park meets over there, they would know all the good spots

seeing the car up close and talking to the driver and/or builder in person is what many want to do. why do you think the 'pits' are so popular at race meets?. most people don't have [and will never have, no matter how much practice] the skill to race, that doesn't mean they shouldn't get involved in some way. involvement can be at race meetings, or go to car club or 'all in' car meetings, such as what used to occurr at BWCP. building and driving highly modified cars is for the few, many more will not be able go beyond a a few basic mods, but all enthusiasts get enjoyment from being around cars. some are dreamers, but who cares if they are doing their thing!. got to start somewhere.

not sure if you are interested, but if so, do you have any more suggestions for possible meet-up locations. Mr Fineline suggested my back yard but my kids refused to move their swings, so that is out!!

Now i am being serious here...why couldnt there be a 'meet' at the track days? Plenty of parking its free to get in plenty to look at and beleive it or not..when you go you get plenty of chance to look at a car up close discuss it with the owner then see what its got

i believe mountain runner was talking about a "show and shine" at his july 8 track day

I know this isnt a full time alternative to the BWCP but on a semi regular basis im sure it could be fun for cruisers and track people alike

I forgot this was about a meeting spot.

Really Willowbank would probably be the best in all honesty.

I mean half of those places listed above are 60-90mins away from me, and even FURTHER for northside people. Willowbank is 30mins away from me, its all off highway. Its not stuffing around high density housing. Its only one lane most of the way home, or that stuffed that no one is going to be having runs on that, so that keeps the cops happy. AND its got a track. Because I mean, all the races home are straight line anyway. To say you don't like drags then hit the races home is a little hipcritical.

My oppinion. It works. Won't work for the people north north side, or the people south goldy. But hey, an extra 30mins on the road, and 1/12 of a tank is probably worth not getting the fine.

I rekon this topic is for opinions, not personal ego competitions or paying out other members. Chill Pills People!

Also I drive my car for daily use and occasional track day and it's stock! Doesn't do great but I have fun :)

As for willow bank, fairly gay for ppl that live on the sunny coast. You brizo's say u got nothing, think about us!!!

Idea for new suitable car park:

Everyone in club tips in $10 and we buy a block of land :)

we can all park their then and have equal share in an investment (perhaps buy in clubs name)

ANDDDDD we can even set up plastic chairs and a coffee machine ... how awesome would that be!!

Idea for new suitable car park:

Everyone in club tips in $10 and we buy a block of land :)

we can all park their then and have equal share in an investment (perhaps buy in clubs name)

ANDDDDD we can even set up plastic chairs and a coffee machine ... how awesome would that be!!

Not sure that once the "Club" has paid for the land that we'll be letting the general Skyline driving public in. I guess the next step would be that we let non-members have access to CAMS licenses as well since certain mods think we have to have all club events posted on here open to all......

But going to the actual race track and talking to people that actually use their cars is an outrageous idea. All the wannabes wouldn't be able to pretend that they just blew someone away (even though he wasn't bothering to race - because street racing is for the 5k back and shuffle, carpark lingering tools).

Not sure that once the "Club" has paid for the land that we'll be letting the general Skyline driving public in. I guess the next step would be that we let non-members have access to CAMS licenses as well since certain mods think we have to have all club events posted on here open to all......

But going to the actual race track and talking to people that actually use their cars is an outrageous idea. All the wannabes wouldn't be able to pretend that they just blew someone away (even though he wasn't bothering to race - because street racing is for the 5k back and shuffle, carpark lingering tools).

:)

Just pick a spot and date a month away and tell all your mates bring cb's or little walkie talkies whatever you got and if the place is shit just pack up and move onto the next one until somewhere feels good. I'm keen to try somewhere new bwcp is boring, and race track normally costs money even if your spectating ie: drift practice.

Once again, the Track Day on July the 8th is free for spectators and as it is a Nissan Afternoon, there will be a huge turnout of Nissan Skylines, a dyno running and a motorkhana as well as some workshops are showing their stuff. SAU will be running a BBQ and the food is great!!!

I know it is a weekday, but you have been given plenty of warning so get the day off and come out to meet the Club and watch some of us take a leisurely drive around the track...

Well i have read everything that everyone had to say and i agree with all and that everyone has their opinions but putting that all aside my suggestions and they only suggestions and these are mostly for the Gold Coasters and due to we are a bit far from Willowbank are:
  1. Parklands Showgrounds carpark ???
  2. Mudgereeba basketball courts carpark ???
  3. Burleigh point carpark ???
  4. Burleigh beach carpark ???
  5. Harbourtown carpark ???
  6. Dog park off Robina Parkway across from roundabout ???

thats very true.

not many gold coasters will want to travel all the way to willowbank just for a meet like the BWCP days...

I do travel occasionally to QR to watch the drift practices but i wouldn't want to go regularly.

But I have to agree we should try some of the places mentioned above and see how that goes.

all in favour? :)