Top Posters In This Topic

quite a few things

-lots of skylines for sale

-lots of bad attention to imports

-increasing fuel costs

-increasing interest rates affects other costs of living

-general cost of living is going up, and increased quite a bit lately

Good luck with the sale, hope you get your asking price

Sadly the fact it is so easy to get cheap neat cars out of Japan, with the new import laws it has probably swung full circle and is now desirable for locally sold cars to have some fruit on them. If you want std and neat you can get them out of Japan for a song. (May or mat not be as neat as yours)

All the best with the sale! Once i saw that car go for less the $18,000 I couldn't believe it....

I hope you get what you want for it soon as the car is immac.

The car looks really good in the pictures, it should sell easy for that price to someone who knows what they're looking at, especially when you consider that there aren't many cars that can compete with it for that sort of price.

I considered selling mine a few months back but it seems like the market has dropped heaps and there are so many (reasonably stock) cars under 20K and even in the low 20s with substantial mods and I was going to have to price the car for not much more than standard versions in order to have any chance of selling it (and a fair bit less than what I paid for it), so I thought I'd rather hang on to it than do that and do a few more mods to it.

Good luck with the sale.

Hope you have advertised on both carsales.com.au and carpoint.com.au. Between them they should cover 99% of auto sales in Oz.

Well, Skylines take very long to sell in the current economic climate eg., fuel costs, increasing costs of living, poor consumer confidence.

A R32 GTR is essentially a plaything, not a daily necessity so depends on people's priorities. I have been scouting out an R34 GTR to buy in Melbourne since February. Apart from the one I bought a few months ago, all the other ones are still for sale. Go figure that one out.

Have you had anyone come look or drive it? In the end the market will dictate what the car it worth, I suggest dropping the price $500 every 10 days, once you start getting serious enquiry's you will know you're in the ballpark. This method has always worked for me. Remember its only worth what someone is willing to pay. I've pretty much given up getting what I think a car is worth now.

Good luck anyway, tough market at the moment.

have dropped my price to 16k cash, no rwc

need the car sold in the next few days

have spent 2k on servicing and clutch

so this is basically getting a gtr for 14k

Cant belive it 16k, all Skylines have drop so much in price cant belive it.

I look at toyota supra 2jz they havent drop that much over the years like GTR's have.

I guess there's to many skylines around now and the new laws with P platers have a big part in the market atm.

Good luck with the sale...if only I bought 12months later.

The market was "bad" back then for sellers but it has gotten much worse now, high petrol prices, more emphasis on "green" cars and rising interest rates are limiting peoples spending money.

There's also high insurance rates on imports which never helps and the negative attitude towards imports as "hoons" in some circumstances :P