SAU Community

Whats The Deal?

gtrzilla

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmmm not looking forward to putting mine on the market next month ;)

haha why wait til next month to put your car on the market? you may aswell throw it on the market now... good chance it wont sell anyways... i've got 2 cars forsale at the moment... market is DEAD

Maybe its just me, but I would never buy an R32 just because they're simply getting too old. Love the car and all, but I'm not car saavy enough to handle common problems with an 80's car, let alone a twin turbo one.

Hell, I'm upset with my 33 because I feel the interior is too dated. Looking at 34's now, or just another car completely.

Edited by KezR33

Meh, just keep them, so when you are old and grey your great grandkids can laugh about the car in Pop's back yard...the funny thing that used to be his pride and joy. I know when i am old with loss of all control of organs and orifices with steel plates in head i am going to sit in my R32, grass up to the roof line and relive the day i cracked a 1:19 at Sandown ;)

Maybe its just me, but I would never buy an R32 just because they're simply getting too old. Love the car and all, but I'm not car saavy enough to handle common problems with an 80's car, let alone a twin turbo one.

Hell, I'm upset with my 33 because I feel the interior is too dated. Looking at 34's now, or just another car completely.

Depends.

Most people prefer the look of an R32 over an R33.

I could have easily bought an R33 GTR, chose an R32 GTR instead.

Lucky for you 34's are going cheap too now, I sold my stock GT-T, clean condition for around 20k 6 months ago.

Market is shockinggg.

Im with Roy on this 1! thats if i can actually get the GTR on Sandown without it breaking down again.... Ive spent waay too much on my car and would never get any of it back so im just gonna hafta keep it til im dead

haha why wait til next month to put your car on the market? you may aswell throw it on the market now... good chance it wont sell anyways... i've got 2 cars forsale at the moment... market is DEAD

Just had the front bar resprayed and a few touch up's done. Also had the windscreen replaced as it had a chip. Car will be finished this week then ready to advertise, I just wanted to make sure everything was 100% before I put it on the market.

I was going to sell mine. mainly because i wanted to build a sr20det powered clubman and i think it is a bit excessive having 2 toys.

I thought about how much i bought it for, how much i have spent on it and the work gone into it and decided the price i would be prepared to part with it for. then looked around to see what a car with the same mods was ACTUALLY selling for. not what people were asking for them. i also looked at how long they were for sale for and all the hassle you have to go thru to sell one.

I then honestly asked myself if i could do with out a fun machine that i could drive every day and the answer was no... so for me I will keep it regardless of how much it has cost me. it's less than 20g and i get fun from it every day.

If you are not hard up for cash keep it.

the marked is farked. these cars are not worth money anymore. but that dosen't matter we all bought them to enjoy. can you really put a price on enjoyment :P

People that are on low income and who still have a Skyline or some other turbo import or a local V8... it's only gonan get tougher for you. The longer you keep denying that "it will get better" the harder it will be to sell your "pride and joy", more like botomless money pitt and the less money you will get for it in the future.

I bought my stock R33 GTST in 2006 for just under 18 K, sold it over 2 months ago for just over 13 K... that was before the petrol hit over $1.60 for PULP.

So if you still have a Skyline and can barely afford it... trade up to a 4 cyl NA :P No power or looks but your wallet will love you.

Not if it means eating two min noodles for dinner every night lol

LOL!

Man I remember when I bought my GTR.

Back in 2005, I was still at uni and worked one day a week.

I was just scraping the petrol bill and had about $20 - $30 left for the whole week. :D:(

But all good now!

Orion, I keep it bro! Such a neat car and in top condition... It would be hard to find another one again...

the market sucks for selling atm, i had my Holden VT SS up for sale for $15,000 and was etting offers of about $10k because therewere so many for sale, even though mione had alot less km's and just had a full respray, i ended up getting 12k for it but i didnt help with the petrol prices in the news everynite and there only getting higher so it wont help your cause

Cant belive it 16k, all Skylines have drop so much in price cant belive it.

I look at toyota supra 2jz they havent drop that much over the years like GTR's have.

I guess there's to many skylines around now and the new laws with P platers have a big part in the market atm.

Dude, twin turbo Supras, along with Evos have always been the cheapest reliable performance you can buy. Supra RZs were selling for around 25k years ago. Can't get much cheaper for something with comparable performance, but newer, more reliable and in most people's eyes better looking than a R32 GTR.

What i was saying was the supra's price hasent drop as big like the GTR have.

Weren't twin turbo supras more expensive than R32 GTRs when they came out though? I might be mistaken.

Not exactly sure why Skylines would be suffering more than Supras.

Not exactly sure why Skylines would be suffering more than Supras.

8/10 of the supras i see are NA.

i rarely see a decent TT around these areas of melb.

TT supras are still in the 30s for a low km one

I thought about how much i bought it for, how much i have spent on it and the work gone into it and decided the price i would be prepared to part with it for. then looked around to see what a car with the same mods was ACTUALLY selling for. not what people were asking for them. i also looked at how long they were for sale for and all the hassle you have to go thru to sell one.

If you are not hard up for cash keep it.

:ninja: These are exactly the points which made me change my mind and decide to keep my one.