SAU Community

Original Rb26 Tolerance?

Hi, Guys

I m just a newbie to own a factory BCNR33, and would like to do some upgrades

Lots ppl said the factory turbo can not go higher than 14psi (16psi is dangerous) or the turbos will be blown

If I modify the turbos to steel wheel one (HKS GT-SS,Greddy T517, R34 N1 etc)

is the factory engine bottom possible to be endured at a boost about 17-19psi to have 300kw atw?

we just ignore fuel system upgrades (injector or fuel pump), focus to factory engine tolerance to discuss

coz I m quite curious to know is factory RB26 really possible to have 500-600hp (at flywheel)?

or it still need to make bottom forges to have 300kw atw (about 360kw/480hp at flywheel)

hope guys to give me some suggestion :)

IF.....and I stress IF the bottom end is fresh and without damage, then yes...it will easily handle your required 300rwkw. In fact, 400rwkw is fairly obtainable if you have the correct supporting systems.

If you have no idea on the condition of the engine, then it is really a question of how long until it breaks. You never really know.

some things you can do to determine it's condition are:

Oil pressure test hot

Oil pressure test cold

Compression check hot and cold

check condition of oil and even have it tested by a third party if you wish

And then even if all these items are perfect....a shit tune will destroy it in no time.

You need to make sure your fuel system is up to speed and your tune is perfect.

i dont no wat ur talkin about about those factory turbos not goin ova 14psi lol my mate ran 22psi for 18months finally it blew lol.

you can do article search and ready them, lots ppl suggest do not over 14.7psi (1kg/1bar)

coz BNR32 BCNR33 GTR standard turbo wheel are ceramic made not steel one

i had blown ECR33 GTS25-t's turbo before, the turbo ran over boost at 18-19psi then blown immediately(wheels only) :D

so I m quite careful to face the boost setting evenif the turbos of "GTR" :P

but I still would like to hear more sounds to discuss and learn the boost up setting of GTR :)

i dont no wat ur talkin about about those factory turbos not goin ova 14psi lol my mate ran 22psi for 18months finally it blew lol.

No idea what your on about more to the point.

Its been proven time and time again, GTR turbos fail above 14psi

When the turbos fail they can also take ceramic dust into the motor, destroying pistons and the like.

Frankly, your mate was stupid.

He was lucky lasted so long.

I wouldnt trust it over 1bar.

No idea what your on about more to the point.

Its been proven time and time again, GTR turbos fail above 14psi

When the turbos fail they can also take ceramic dust into the motor, destroying pistons and the like.

Frankly, your mate was stupid.

Hi, mate

so is health factory RB26 engine possible to endure 18-19psi boost if turbos are changed to a/m steel one?

does the factory fuel pump (190L/H) or factory injector(440cc) must upgrade to suit 360kw at flywheel/motor ?

hope you may give me a little suggestion :P thanks

300rwkw = no problem for a street driven good condition RB26

without upgrading fuel pump and injector can do 300rwkw?

RB26 is a amazing engine :)

coz I just tranfer my ride from SUBARU EJ20

so I had quite lots question about RB26 .... shamed :P

however thanks for your answer :D

without upgrading fuel pump and injector can do 300rwkw?

RB26 is a amazing engine :D

coz I just tranfer my ride from SUBARU EJ20

so I had quite lots question about RB26 .... shamed :D

however thanks for your answer :)

Like to say smart tranfer and welcome to the rb26 world. :P .

No looking back now.

Edited by Rav

Like to say smart tranfer and welcome to the rb26 world. :P .

No looking back now.

coz I found too hard to have 300kw with EJ20 (exhaust too long and lagging to push large turbo)

evenif its big enemy 4G63 is quite easy to have 300kw without lagging (inline engine's advantage so as RB series)

but EJ20 ... sad, you need to pay huge price to have 300kw maybe doulbe/triple up :D

i still love subaru, if i had budget, i will buy one without powering modify(just do handling modifications) to enjoy driving it :D

at this moment I just want to large output monster, i choose GTR to be my partner :)

Edited by shawn.szutu

no you won't get to 300 awkw with standard injectors, fuel pump and air flow meters. But they are pretty cheap to upgrade.

with those, boost controller and steel turbos 300+ is easy with a healthy engine

no you won't get to 300 awkw with standard injectors, fuel pump and air flow meters. But they are pretty cheap to upgrade.

with those, boost controller and steel turbos 300+ is easy with a healthy engine

You can actually make 300awkw on standard afm, injectors and f/pump. Just.

Even tired GTR fuel pumps are capable of supplying fuel for 300. The AFM's are right near max but if you keep the inlet temps down you will make the figures. Also injectors run at approx 85% if tuned correctly and assuming the pump is good.

You would be stupid to leave these things unattended anyway but it's till possible if you want to squeeze it out.

You can actually make 300awkw on standard afm, injectors and f/pump. Just.

Even tired GTR fuel pumps are capable of supplying fuel for 300. The AFM's are right near max but if you keep the inlet temps down you will make the figures. Also injectors run at approx 85% if tuned correctly and assuming the pump is good.

You would be stupid to leave these things unattended anyway but it's till possible if you want to squeeze it out.

85%? My r32 gtr was at 98% at 290 rwkw!

You can actually make 300awkw on standard afm..

True.. My mech has shown me dyno slips of 350kw with standard afm's. He also says, he finds them better and easier to tune for 300kw applications.

cheers Tomek