SAU Community

Skyline R33 Gts-t Hks Gt2835 Pro S Vs Sti

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time, since upgraded further as the injectors and pump had trouble keeping up.

It won't make more area under the curve, I didn't say that, I said it would make power earlier. Anyway without dyno you won't believe me and I don't have them handy, so whatever.

Never said GTR is slow either, just slow-er in this case. Feel like your missing the point, so no point continuing to argue.

Not that it relates much, but

is basically the car now.

Would i be right in saying this is your first turbo car? and that you've never actually driven a skyline???

I have no doubt your car is quick for what it is but come on man, come ooon. faster than a gtr??? the car that got banned from bathurst?? gtr's are track monsters and it would NOT lose to a fwd lude that probly cant handle for shit cos its wheels are spinning an torque steering all over the place.

Be honest an stopp kidding yourself, you think your car is quicker than it is and youve seen all these vids on youtube so your making the assumsion that its faster than a gtr.

Well i got news for you buddy. its NOT.

i dont even need to see your car to no that.

Lol what a sad guy hahaha :P

But yeh STI's are fast from 0-100 but on a rolling pull say from 60km stis are slower, especially after 100.

Well not slow but the gtst is faster from a roll, if you can get grip.

My 33 has a HKS pod, 13psi boost and a Turboback exhaust and i wasted an sti on the mway which sounded pretty modded. had an external gate, frontmount an all.

Was a version 5 i think but still i wasted it :(

I do love the version 7+ rexas tho there so nice.

Hmm I call BS

Do people think STIs are that fast?? I used to drive a VX SS and found myself in the middle of an STI cruise. Stock STI vs Stock VX SS was identical. Yup the modded ones beat me.

I think we need a list of STI mods vs mph on the quarter.

Do people think STIs are that fast?? I used to drive a VX SS and found myself in the middle of an STI cruise. Stock STI vs Stock VX SS was identical. Yup the modded ones beat me.

I think we need a list of STI mods vs mph on the quarter.

Yeh i know so many people act like their so fast, i thought they were myself til i beat this guy.

And i dont know what mods he had for all i know that may have been all he had, but it had a front mount and definately an external gate. ( Loud as fark )

And the thing is i love rexa's and evo's and im trying to decide which one to upgrade to, but after i beat him he raced an evo 6 next to me and they were neck and neck as they pulled off from me. the evo looked stock.

I know gtst's arent the fastest thing out there and my mates old evo 6 wouldve stomped all over me but its been surprising me lately and im finding it is alot faster than alot of other stock cars out there including my old mans SV6 VE.

Edited by Rav3nNZ

Just had a quick look on the STI forums and they look to make roughly similar power to a skyline, mod for mod. The stock turbo maxxes out around 300-320whp, so about the same, maybe a tad more then a GTS-T.

So really, the only advantage is the all wheel drive and the better launch.

whats does the STI do 0 to 100 in?

i can do 0 to 100 in 4.8 in my gtst with 190rwkw

Fark that's good man, you must be able to launch like a mofo :P

Good suspension setup, tyres?

Edited by Dani Boi

yeah the 4.8 was with brand new pzero's 255s some basic pineapple diff cradle work and an aggressive tune

it's all in the launch and getting off the line, the rest is easy. 0 to 100kmh in a gtst is 1 gear change so it's pretty easy

my car def wouldnt be that quick now, its got 225,000 on the clock - i think it had around 100,000 when i got 4.8

Would i be right in saying this is your first turbo car? and that you've never actually driven a skyline???

I have no doubt your car is quick for what it is but come on man, come ooon. faster than a gtr??? the car that got banned from bathurst?? gtr's are track monsters and it would NOT lose to a fwd lude that probly cant handle for shit cos its wheels are spinning an torque steering all over the place.

Be honest an stopp kidding yourself, you think your car is quicker than it is and youve seen all these vids on youtube so your making the assumsion that its faster than a gtr.

Well i got news for you buddy. its NOT.

i dont even need to see your car to no that.

3rd turbo car actually. 1st was auto ECR33, 2nd was friends turbo BMW for 3 weeks, this will be the 3rd. Sure a modified and track spec GTR is faster, but there aren't many of those around, and they aren't raced at winton...

I haven't owned a GTR but I've driven three, including a Tommy Kaira at some car show in sydney, can't really compare the street or drag to track, but the prelude handles way better even just on the street to the GTR, about equal to the TK which was lowered great suspension etc. 4ws makes low speed driving a breeze, and helps at higher speeds as well.

I'd ask you the same question, how many preludes have you driven, specifically turbo'd ones.. Really doesn't matter, neither will believe the other, but I did post what I've had as adjective experience..

3rd turbo car actually. 1st was auto ECR33, 2nd was friends turbo BMW for 3 weeks, this will be the 3rd. Sure a modified and track spec GTR is faster, but there aren't many of those around, and they aren't raced at winton...

I haven't owned a GTR but I've driven three, including a Tommy Kaira at some car show in sydney, can't really compare the street or drag to track, but the prelude handles way better even just on the street to the GTR, about equal to the TK which was lowered great suspension etc. 4ws makes low speed driving a breeze, and helps at higher speeds as well.

I'd ask you the same question, how many preludes have you driven, specifically turbo'd ones.. Really doesn't matter, neither will believe the other, but I did post what I've had as adjective experience..

Fark man i used to work for a car valet company when i was younger, got to drive all sorts of cars so yes.

You drove a Tommy Kiara GTR at some car show??? if you were lucky enough to actually drive one im sure you would remember the name of the show as you would need to be working there to drive it, and you would be moving it more than driving it anyway as it would come off a trailer.

Also incase you havnt realised skylines and Gtrs have 4ws, its called hicas you dope. Gtrs also have something called atessa. They are on another level.

And auto skylines are generally alot slower than manual skylines, no offence to owners but they are.

Ive had an r34 gtt coupe tipronic and i switched to an r33 gts-t coupe manual 40th anniversary edition and its alot faster.

Some of the crap your saying just gives more and more reason to believe your full of sh*t

Edited by Rav3nNZ

I don't remember cos it was like 5 years ago and I got in cos a friend was a mechanic/support guy for the imports section. Don't really pay attention to what its called tbh, the cars are more important... He invited me over on the last night before packup and we had a drive of some of the cars on the way back to the garages (local in syd).

hicas is nothing like the prelude 4ws, if you haven't driven prelude 4ws you'll never understand. many threads about how to disable hicas should be evidence enough people think it is useless...

There are many 500HP+ auto skylines around, which will beat the ass out of a medium modified GTR, so no offence but your full of sh&& too :)

I don't remember cos it was like 5 years ago and I got in cos a friend was a mechanic/support guy for the imports section. Don't really pay attention to what its called tbh, the cars are more important... He invited me over on the last night before packup and we had a drive of some of the cars on the way back to the garages (local in syd).

hicas is nothing like the prelude 4ws, if you haven't driven prelude 4ws you'll never understand. many threads about how to disable hicas should be evidence enough people think it is useless...

There are many 500HP+ auto skylines around, which will beat the ass out of a medium modified GTR, so no offence but your full of sh&& too :)

Ok, putting in a hicas lock bar or disabling it is so the car feels more predictable and so you can pull "hektik" slides and go racing.

the hicas system is a f**king good system for the road its just not for everyone.

And im talking evens for evens. you get a 500hp auto skyline vs a manual 500hp skyline and the manual will be quicker unless you've rebuilt the auto box and put in a different torque converter an all that shit.

Ive driven alot of hondas, alot of cars for that matter and im sorry but a preludes a prelude you gotta be honest it just cant stack up to a GTR. end of fu*king story.

And by saying im full of shit "too" just confirms that you yourself are full of shit.

LOL and if your cars so much faster then why does your profile say your "Currently looking for medium built R33 GTST to buy ~12k."

Edited by Rav3nNZ

I'm tired arguing with you, you keep changing the point and making stoopid comments.. Like, how on earth is it important if I'm looking to buy a medium built r33?????????? Seriously, how does that have any relevance......

Maybe time to kick back with an ale - in the cold room ...

It might be more relevant to stick to the now and what people have now and where they want to go with whatever car .

Basically no large volume production car was ever designed to be an effective drag strip rocket . Most honest people say that hard core drag cars are terrible things to do absolutely anything else with . Making them survive the leap to light speed and hurtle in a straight line makes for a limited use vehicle .

People who go back to the 60s and 70s tell me that the Prince Motor Company intended their Skyline marque to be an open road GT tourer type thing and they ended up in road race type classes .

I think Rex was the ongoing evolution of a small FrWD bread and butter run about for the masses , much like the Mitsy thought on paper the Evos look to be a bit more serious .

Everyone who's owned either Classic STi (GC8) or Evos 6's reckons they can be hard to live with on a daily basis . Ride rough and nothing significant under 4 grand with STi ram raider . Small fuel tanks short gearing and on it goes .

Probably go real well when you drive them flat bat but no sane person does this for very long .

Now with the humble R33 GTS25T manual , these are getting on a bit but I reckon they still have their charms provided you don't go silly with the mods and make them a cop to live with . I reckon an RB25 is much nicer thing than any EJ engine and Kw for Kw I reckon it has better power delivery . If it isn't enough stick an RB30 short underneath it and do the usual things with its top end .

Ultimately AWD seems to be the ticket to getting a car off the line quickly but the lack of it didn't stop those whatzit brothers getting increadible numbers with VL Commodes some year back . Yes they were tubbed but no sign of a front or middle diff and I didn't hear of four claw ant eater getting the same numbers .

I think people end up being Nissan or Subaru punters and the best way I can put it is they are different . Possibly for suburban use the non STi GC8 would be a good means of getting around but for general use including long open road hops I'd rather take the GTS25T .

GC8's are lighter but also smaller and don't know what you do for a boot .

Any AWD is a major PITA to work on and the live front end ties you up in knots geometry wise because you have to compromise for drive shaft angularity issues .

GTRs I reckon are underpowered off boost and being very front heavy lose that nimbleness that agile cars generally have . It really is a big ask to be lightweight and have good weight balance front to back .

For anyone that hasn't driven AWD cars believe me when I say that AWD creates almost as many problems as it solves and DOES NOT overcome the need for good front suspension and steering geometry . It may be good for getting the best proactive effort for driving in a straight line but the extra weight has to be made to change direction in corners and its critical to get each front wheel turning at the right speeds to not be a plowing on understeering cop .

I think if you accept the fact that you and your car can be beaten and sleep at night life becomes much easier .

The burning question is do you want to be a slave to your cars or have a life .

A .

220fwkw prelude beating a 330awkw GTR around a track.... that is GOLD!

the ONLY way that is gonna happen is if the R was on a cooldown or a warmup lap...

much like all the wankers that "race" you at the lights when you are just driving normally and then brag on forums about how their VS with a catback and interceptors beat a GTR/GTST etc

if you wanna lie, keep them small so that people might actually believe it... :)

220fwkw prelude beating a 330awkw GTR around a track.... that is GOLD!

the ONLY way that is gonna happen is if the R was on a cooldown or a warmup lap...

I have been around here for a while, so hopefully people know that I'm not that stupid or full of shxt so will put my neck out.

There are always ways the above can happen - depends on a variety of variables. My flatmates NON-Type R Integra (RIP little track weapon :( ) used to frequently deal to a lot of much more powerful cars, often due to driver experience, the Integra being easier to drive, the GTRs/other cars being under tyred/braked, the drivers not wanting to thrash the crap out of it, and of course the fact that light Hondas can stop and turn really really well when they have decent tyres and brakes on them.

That thing with 120-130wkw seriously dealt to 300+kw GTRs on a few occasions ON THE TRACK, higher corner exit speeds etc count for so much. The car ran 14flat 1/4miles, so no rocket ship... but was competitive as a track car. Anyone seen the first American Touge video when an NA Civic showed up and dominated the field?

On the topic of STIs, I know a few people who have run mid 12s with filter and exhaust.

On the topic of STIs, I know a few people who have run mid 12s with filter and exhaust.

It would be interesting to see what mph they ran, cause my guess is the mph wouldnt be that impressive, but the 60' would be.

Why is it most people with hondas think ther cars can drag off any other turbo car on the street? esp the ones that own integras....

If a turbo prelude was really that great then why arent there hundreds of them around? why doesnt anyone race them professionally? because there crap compared to GTRs

And to Turbz who started the post... just get good sticky compound tyres and some good tuned in suspension and if your not confident off the drag strip then race that STI from a rolling start...like somone above suggested...60-140 should resolve it